Firenocks for VAPS

Zac

WKR
I just got a couple sets of Firenocks and the matched weighted nocks. Any tips I need to know for installing them? Or would it be a good idea to let a shop do it?

GotDraw?

WKR
I believe they come with excellent instructions and a specifically recommended glue. Did you get the recommended glue?

Bigger question is: What are you using for broadhead inserts? or outsert/inserts? Stock aluminum ones are a little weak I've heard.

Options I've seen are from Iron Will, Titus Titanium, or the stainless VAP.

JL

GotDraw?

WKR
@Matt the Cat
Ah- you may be correct RE the Iron Will system for VAPs. I run the Titus Titanium insert/outsert system so haven't kept up to date as much.

I think FireNock may have a system for VAPs akin to the Iron Will system. BTW- I did buy the FireNock lighted nocks after so many failures w/other systems.

JL

I thought the Iron Will system wasn't yet available for the VAPs.... at least it isn't yet on their list of compatible arrows.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Do NOT use a fast set super glue with the shock end caps or you will screw yourself over. I always buy their glue.

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
I had Phil Mendoza's shop install them hopefully they put the right glue in.

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
How have the Firenock's performed in the VAPs?
They work fine. Expensive initial investment but you can simply replace the batteries. The nocks are match grade quality as well, much better than those shit Nocturnals. The QC on those is a joke.

Ucsdryder

WKR
They work fine. Expensive initial investment but you can simply replace the batteries. The nocks are match grade quality as well, much better than those shit Nocturnals. The QC on those is a joke.

Zac, how much $$ you got invested in one of your arrows all decked out with a Broadhead? Or do you not want to know? Haha

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I think I had a grand into the dozen

a grand!!!!!!

wait. my setup. damn you zac for making me do math. $75 = $15 shaft + $30 Iron will + $30 firenock + misc fletching and wraps..... times 12

Damn it Zac :oops:

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Lol that was a bigger number than I thought! My buddy is shooting vap tko with the ethics insert system. I always give him shit because he refuses to shoot grouse or anything other than elk/deer because they’re so expensive. And he’s shooting 10 dollar Broadheads and non-lighted nocks!

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
Lol that was a bigger number than I thought! My buddy is shooting vap tko with the ethics insert system. I always give him shit because he refuses to shoot grouse or anything other than elk/deer because they’re so expensive. And he’s shooting 10 dollar Broadheads and non-lighted nocks!
I was shooting Valkyrie

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
I gave the 83 pound Hoyt and those arrows to a guy I work with. Now I shoot Axis with Thorns, much more affordable.

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
The Vap TL SS outserts are amazing. They sleeve the arrow shaft by about 7/16-5/8”. Ive has nothing but good things. After squaring your arrows they spun perfectly. I weigh each arrow and insert too make sure I get them all close. Then I dry fit and spin. Then I use AAE max impact (the black stuff). I haven’t had a single problem.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
With regards to using their glue, make sure that you use enough of it to. To little and the battery wi drive the shock cap forward when the arrow hits. I had this happen on two of mine. Had to take the arrows apart and use a drill bit to poke out the shock cap then reinstall.

Reactions: Zac