Fires affecting your hunt?

Think the BLM ground will turn into a parking lot?
That’s what I’m thinking will happen and one of the things we’re weighing to see if we should turn our tags back in or not. I think we’ll give it another week to ten days and go from there.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, I'm super bummed right now.

My elk archery season starts saturday the 12th and runs through the 24th. I took the entirety of the season off work for the first time ever this year. I have a ton of cameras out, lots of scouting done. Spent a LOT of money on new/better gear and I've been researching a lot.

All of the timber company lands anywhere around are now totally closed. The state controlled land in eastern WA is closed off and there is rumor of the west side (my side) being closed off too. Even the big national forests near me are talking of shutting down.

I'm still leaving tomorrow after work. Camper is ready, gear is all set, going to try to find someplace to go...

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Revisiting this one: Has anyone received word back from the CA DFG or any other state pertaining to tags that were turned in? I had a X9A tag here in CA and turned it in due to fires shutting down the national forests and some other issues. I received a response email from them with instructions about how to return the tag and lobby for points to be reinstated several days after my first email to them. However, I mailed my tag in and a letter as instructed 10 days ago now and have not received a response to the tag/letter or the (2) follow up emails I have sent them. My point totals on the site still show (0) for Deer, too. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

Revisiting this one: Has anyone received word back from the CA DFG or any other state pertaining to tags that were turned in? I had a X9A tag here in CA and turned it in due to fires shutting down the national forests and some other issues. I received a response email from them with instructions about how to return the tag and lobby for points to be reinstated several days after my first email to them. However, I mailed my tag in and a letter as instructed 10 days ago now and have not received a response to the tag/letter or the (2) follow up emails I have sent them. My point totals on the site still show (0) for Deer, too. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?
The way i understand it is essentially the points will be refunded the money will not be, knowing our DFG it will be a while before your points show back up on the portal they do not work fast.

cadman

FNG

I mailed back my X9B tag last Sunday (9/13) and this morning my points showed up reinstated. We are also supposed to get an additional point for the species the surrendered tag was for. I'm going to call the CDFW to see when that point shows up.

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting that they did not give you the point for this year when they reinstated your points. I just checked and my points are still not back.

I'm not sure how other states do the refund thing, but I thought it was funny that no refunds are codified in CA. They want to make extra damn sure that everyone knows NO REFUNDS!!! haha. I love fishing here. I hate living here sometimes. Just need to get a job in Wyoming or Montana so I can get the heck out of here.

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Roger that. Let me know how it goes for you or shoot me a PM if you have some time. I'm very interested in how this is going for everyone else. My points are still at (0) as of 5 minutes ago.

cadman

FNG
I sent them an email and got a reply 12 minutes later. The agent said from communications with the Big Game Analyst, the process for point reinstatement is rather lengthy, and if I see my original points now the new point should be added shortly.

I'm guessing a lot of hunters are surrendering tags.