Fires changing any plans

I have 31 days until go time. I have been keeping tabs on fire activity near where I intend to be. Thus far plan A is still a go. Is anyone having to go to a plan B due to fire? I have not experienced the kind of fire activity I am seeing before this close to where I will be. There will be no camp fires! Any tips when for hunting in the smoky conditions? Does it change anything elk wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
Absolutely not a chance, why would it? The elk do not disappear. Relocate if need be, elk hunting is supposed to be a challenge!

Here's a photo of us several years back where fires ruled the west, we didn't care, we hunted areas we'd never been in; in the units designated to us. We did pretty good!

ElkNut

Attachments

• 8 Three Bulls.jpg
    8 Three Bulls.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 93

NorseNW

FNG
The only plan it has changed for me is waiting until a week out to purchase my local OTC tag. Last year was a crap show. I had no desire to hunt in the amount of smoke we had. I monitored the air quality charts until an area along the coast cleared. Bombed up to an area I've never hunted just to give 4 days in the woods. Saw some animals but no connections. I decided if the fires flare up I will purchase a muzzleloader tag and hunt with my bow to just avoid fire and smoke.

Fire also almost canceled my Canada moose hunt for the second year in a row. Rona cancelled last year. Thankfully the fire got put out and the area the guide hunts is still good to go he claims. Here's to that border staying open!

Best of luck in your journey.

Wrench

WKR
I just came in from checking on my plan b spot....drencher of a rain in the Clearwater today.

Part of our plan A is currently off limits due to a large closure of national forest (fire in area). Nothing you can do but adapt and move to other areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first two chosen Hunt areas are currently burning, moved onto spots 3,4,5,6 and now I’m adding a few more spots as insurance