First 3d Tournament Experience.

shaun

WKR
Well I finally signed up and did a 3d shoot here in the central valley yesterday and had a blast. The shoot was 42 targets 2 arrows each on a 11-10-8 point fornat with a few targets that were just 11 or 8. Ranges went from 10' to 97yards witch was a nice suprise that they had shots out past 75 yards. Not being registered in the NFAA I was only able to shoot as a "Guest" and would not be able to shoot for the money. I ended the day in 2nd place by 2 points (behind a guy with a freestyle target set up) in the guest class out of about 70 guys with a score of 878 out of 924 witch I thought was pretty decent. The biggest highlight of the day was I was shooting the event with 5 other buddys that are big time bowtech and mathews fanatics that bash me something fierce about shooting a hoyt now, and I had to listen to them all day giving me a hard time. But at the end of the day when score cards were added up I beat all of them by 30 points and damn that felt great! To say the least tables were turned all the way home yesterday and they diddnt have a leg to stand on haha. All in all I think I am now hooked on 3d tournaments in the off season I am already looking at upcoming events here in CA

velvetfvr

WKR
Nice! They are awesome. And isn't it sweet to beat someone that bashes your bow??? I know it feels awesome.

OBP

WKR
3d tournaments are a blast, I started shooting them 6 or 7 years ago and try to shoot them as often as I can throughout the off-season. They are awesome for improving your yardage estimation in the field and for improving shooting form. I've always thought there's a huge difference holding on a live animal/3d and a large target butt. You can usually find some pretty good 3d shoots in the middle of winter too, many clubs hold them at fairgrounds and bring in a bunch of trees, brush etc. to make it feel more "real". Nothing wrong with getting a 3d shoot in when it's blowing snow and freezing outside! haha

I use 3dshoots.com to find shoots, you can search by type of shoot, state, sanctioning body. It's a good resource for finding shoots.

Right on Shaun 3d tourneys are super fun and to me good practice for when that moment comes helps me fine tune my shooting especially with up and downhill angle shots I'm fortunate to go to about 5 shots a year in the off season

Congrats sounds like you rocked it! Which Hoyt are you shooting? How did you prepare for the shoot in the weeks leading up to the event?

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Right on Shaun 3d tourneys are super fun and to me good practice for when that moment comes helps me fine tune my shooting especially with up and downhill angle shots I'm fortunate to go to about 5 shots a year in the off season

Yes they are a blast especially bein able to do steep angle long distance stuff

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Congrats sounds like you rocked it! Which Hoyt are you shooting? How did you prepare for the shoot in the weeks leading up to the event?

I shoot an 84lb spyder turbo. Diddnt do anything abnormal to prepare I shoot everyday anyway so besides spot shooting daily I did nothing.

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
That's great. I love shooting 3d, not only fun but a great way to add different dimensions to practice.