Hectocotylus
Brothers bear from the same trip.

8e0338ca0ab156023b32403118042f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on a great trip!

I've seen people mistake marmots for wolverines at a distance before. I've even seen one and thought it was a bear before. Not saying you're wrong but wolverines are extremely rare in WA.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

I've seen people mistake marmots for wolverines at a distance before. I've even seen one and thought it was a bear before. Not saying you're wrong but wolverines are extremely rare in WA.

I have a trailcam pic of one in the 'general area'. I also know of 2-3 solid sightings in NW Wa

OP
Hectocotylus

It was quite a bit bigger than a marmot, not a bear, and had all the markings of a wolverine. They have been spotted around here though they are very rare.

Rangerpants

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the buck and bear! I hunt in similar country in California. How do you like the Exo pack for packing out? I have a Seek Outside pack and like it to a point, but am thinking about trying others.

OP
Hectocotylus
Congrats on the buck and bear! I hunt in similar country in California. How do you like the Exo pack for packing out? I have a Seek Outside pack and like it to a point, but am thinking about trying others.

I like it a lot but don’t have a lot to compare it to. I have packed a heavy load or two on another cheap frame pack that was pretty terrible. With the Exo it’s heavy but not painful.