First antelope hunt sheridan wy

bmrfish

WKR
GPS with map layer showing public/private boundaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If doing DIY go opening day or wait till the later part of the season for less pressure. I would not go the 2nd weekend for the season again.

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
I took my son on a late season hunt for antelope in area 109. When I say late season I mean over Thanksgiving break. That is very late for Wyoming. We hunted public land only. This was a very tough hunt. The antelope on public would run when they saw you at 2000 yards. There is very little public land in the 109 area to hunt. It was hard on him when he had to look at a heard of over 60 in the field by the motel every morning. We were successful but he earned his first antelope. There was a group of antelope on public land you could see from the interstate, but could not access them from the road. I studied the map and made a plan to get to them. It was a 8 and 1/2 mile hike to reach them. We had to navigate around and across public which took forever. That is very open country and he ended up taking a long shot (650 yards) to down the antelope. If I were to hunt this area again I would make a blind and wait for the antelope to come close to me. Just no where to get out of their view to put a stalk on them. Funniest thing I think I ever saw in my hunting life. There was a fence line separating public and private. You could see up hill for over a mile. There had to be 100 deer laying on the fence line with in 20 yards. Can you guess how many were on the public side? I kid you not. Not a single deer.
Don't let that discourage you as I would do the same hunt over any time if given the chance great memory.

LWright

FNG
We had doe/fawn tags in 22 and 15 last year. Saw a few nice then got snowed in for 2 days while i90 and i25 where closed! In 22 most of the nice bucks we saw were on private and in 15 we didn’t see many at all. In 2021 we did a cow/ calf hunt in unit 37 and saw antelope all over by Sheridan. OnX or whatever mapping app you like would be a big help. Good luck!