First Antelope Hunt

jimmy33

WKR
Having yet to draw in Idaho, im going to pick out a state to start putting in for points. Really thinking about Wyoming. The biggest question I have is it it worth it to wait for a 3-5 point or hunt? Is it that much better than a 0-1 point type unit? I am more interested in seeing less hunters and less antelope than a ton of hunters and a ton of antelope. Not looking for a monster at all, just want to go hunting for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdan68

WKR
Yes it is worth waiting, in my opinion. There's a reason some units can be drawn with zero points, and it's because they have very little public land to hunt. If you do want to hunt right away you should plan on paying for access to private land, which often means going through an outfitter.

OP
jimmy33

jimmy33

WKR
Yes it is worth waiting, in my opinion. There's a reason some units can be drawn with zero points, and it's because they have very little public land to hunt. If you do want to hunt right away you should plan on paying for access to private land, which often means going through an outfitter.

Not interested in an outfitter...i just don’t have the money to do it. Its not something i have to do right now, just want to go in the next 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearguide

FNG
I have hunted Montana several times up in the area of Harve and have had much success. numbers not so high but didn't see other hunters.