Lil-Rokslider
That's awesome. Congrats to your son.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
Thats awesome
Congratulations to your son

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My son got his first archery harvest on this great boar yesterday. 25 yd shot and the bear only went 15 yds and died.
Very nice!
Out of curiosity where did you have him aim? And where did he hit? There is always discussion on “middle of the middle” vs the “shiddle”

Also what Broadhead did he use?
Thanks

Excellent bear whether it's the first with a bow or the 5th with a rifle. Also great job getting a prime field photo to help both of you remember the moment. How old is your boy and what draw weight is he pulling on that cruzer?

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
Very nice!
Out of curiosity where did you have him aim? And where did he hit? There is always discussion on “middle of the middle” vs the “shiddle”

Also what Broadhead did he use?
Thanks
Ya I have heard middle of the middle but I'm not big on it.

I told my son to aim just behind the front leg. We shot a bunch of 3d targets and looked at other targets at the range to compare ungulate and bear vitals.

Deer/ungulate almost above the front leg, bear a little behind the front leg is what I go for.

My son is 13 and has been shooting since he was 5. This is the first year where everything came together and I felt confident in his ability to hunt with the bow.

He is pulling 42 lbs with a 26" draw. Arrow is 390 grns with a 125 grn Magnus 4 blade stinger buzzcut.

The shot took out both lungs and the vessels above the heart. Entrance and exit were in the same place, bear was perfectly broadside

IMG_1440.JPG

Ya I have heard middle of the middle but I'm not big on it.

I told my son to aim just behind the front leg. We shot a bunch of 3d targets and looked at other targets at the range to compare ungulate and bear vitals.

Deer/ungulate almost above the front leg, bear a little behind the front leg is what I go for.

My son is 13 and has been shooting since he was 5. This is the first year where everything came together and I felt confident in his ability to hunt with the bow.

He is pulling 42 lbs with a 26" draw. Arrow is 390 grns with a 125 grn Magnus 4 blade stinger buzzcut.

The shot took out both lungs and the vessels above the heart. Entrance and exit were in the same place, bear was perfectly broadside

View attachment 294148

Well done dad, can only imagine how proud you are. My son is 11 and has been shooting since he was 7, hunting bears with me since he was 8...few more years still but he's already pulling close to 30# and I'm looking forward to getting him set up for sticking a bear himself when the time comes!

SLA

FNG
Great job! Looks like a great bear. Missed being up there last May and again this May. Congrats!