First attempt at flocking a decoy

Well I've got a few magnum decoys that need some TLC and I figured I would try to flock the heads at the very least. This is the first one and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I got some blended turf from hobby lobby and I think it may be too coarse. What do you guys think?KIMG0991.JPG

Ive done a bunch and found using a dark green or black brush on paint then putting the flocking in an old clean and dry mustard squeeze bottle is money. I also tend to mix the black fibers with eh green to darken it up.

OP
skyler_2010
Thanks. I used modpoge for glue because I got the wrong paint this time. I used the bag with a corner cut off then just squeezed the bag to "spray" it on

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
The title of this post got me curious. Wasn't sure what your version of "flocking a decoy" meant. Was a little hesitant to look at the picture and see something I couldn't un-see. Now that I see it, I can happily say I've painted few old decoys in the past myself and feel like your attempt to breath new life into them looks pretty good! You going to touch up the bill a little bit too with some yellow paint or no?

OP
skyler_2010
The title of this post got me curious. Wasn't sure what your version of "flocking a decoy" meant. Was a little hesitant to look at the picture and see something I couldn't un-see. Now that I see it, I can happily say I've painted few old decoys in the past myself and feel like your attempt to breath new life into them looks pretty good! You going to touch up the bill a little bit too with some yellow paint or no?
Yes I am absolutely planning on painting the rest of the decoy.