First Auodad Hunt

FlyGuy

WKR
Great Rams. I love hunting them. So, so hard to pick them out until you get your eyes trained. After my first hunt I think I went out and spent $5K upgrading my Spotter (to a kowa 77), my tripod (to an OD med) and added a set of Meopta 15’s. I never want to be the guy that can’t find sheep again. But, like you. On the last afternoon I was able to spot my own ram. Not a great one, 27”, but the only one taken that trip out of 4 hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mojave

WKR
They are funny, I have seen them on the flats between mesas camping out next to a stock tank and 9000 feet up a mountain.

If I ended up with enough cash to own a huge ranch, I'd buy one in the West Texas border country near Fort Stockton or in NE New Mexico where they exist. That way I could hunt them every year.

wyosteve

WKR
Flyguy is right. Spotting them is a challenge especially the first time. My goal on the last day of my hunt last year was to spot sheep before the guide rather than worrying about killing one!

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Pr71nL.jpg
Good looking Aoudad! Anyone mention you could win a lookalike contest?

Hank Jr.jpg

Tyson

FNG
Great story and write up, auodad are on my list to pursue someday, thanks for sharing!

EdP

WKR
Sounds like a great time. It's hard to believe those sheep can find enough to eat in that country, but there they are and thriving.