First Bear!!

Gobbler36

WKR
Awesome critter in some awesome country

Hope everyone is having a good time looking for spring bears this is now one of my new favorite hunts (I feel like I say that about every hunt)

IMG_1307.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations. Doesn't look like there was much snow there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Got to her just before dark and was able to make a shot, glasses her up from about a mile and 1/4 away with an hour till dark so I had to hustle. Yes it ended up being a dried up sow, was really wanting a boat but I know from experience now that I will take longer to judge bears the ground shrinkage is incredible on these animals. I would of swore I was looking at a grizzly when I first spotted her but good thing is she was so old her front teeth are wore down to the gums and her canines are wore down and chipped. Anyone know if bears continue to breed past a certain age? Hopefully she was out of breeding stage and I just took one out instead of a possible offspring. Feel like field judging bears just comes with looking at a lot of them through your glass.

Nice bear! I have a really hard time telling a sow from a boar. I think if most others are honest.....they do aswell.

92xj

WKR
Roughly what area of the state were you in to be between 5000-6000 feet without snow? Just trying to get an idea of what we'll be dealing with this weekend on our wilderness trip.
Congrats on the bear!

When I got my bear I found that my favorite was to grill up bacon bear burgers...they were delicious!