First Bow Buck... Tagged Out in B -Zone

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Congrats!

Do we want to know what a “dick show” is?
If you've ever hunted a popular area on opening day, you probably already know.
Quick example(or not). Last b zone opener I parked about a half mile from the spot I wanted to glass at day light. Walked in there and sat down and in the next hour, I had a half dozen vehicles drive up next to me, park and glass the same country I was, knowing that I had parked and walked to that point (because they had to drive past my truck) and after seeing me sitting there glassing. I'd wave as if to say "got this covered" but theyd only leave after glassing it over for themselves. At one point myself, another guy across the ridge and a guy in a truck were all glassing there. Two more jeep like rigs pull up and three guys get out. I say "I think we've got this spot covered"... Dude says "just stopping to piss." Just stopping to piss? So I ask him if he thinks it's proper hunter educate to stop next to other hunters just to piss? Guy replys with "**** you man!", and they leave.
Later in the day I'm pulled off making a sandwich for lunch and the fags drive by and yell out the window "we've got this side covered."
I give em a thumbs up and a "right on" because I'd just been that way and there was nothing to see. Not only that but I was just using my b tag as a scouting tool for the M11 hunt so I wasn't even hunting but familiarizing myself with the area.
Ended up seeing 5 deer, 1 forked horn from that glassing point. None of the other guys that stopped there saw any of them. And two of the deer were just below their trucks but the hillside hid them from view. On the M11 hunt we saw a decent 3x4 rutting in there too. Oh and I killed a 3x4 a couple weekends later while getting familiar with the area.

jfs82

WKR
If you've ever hunted a popular area on opening day, you probably already know.
Quick example(or not). Last b zone opener I parked about a half mile from the spot I wanted to glass at day light. Walked in there and sat down and in the next hour, I had a half dozen vehicles drive up next to me, park and glass the same country I was, knowing that I had parked and walked to that point (because they had to drive past my truck) and after seeing me sitting there glassing. I'd wave as if to say "got this covered" but theyd only leave after glassing it over for themselves. At one point myself, another guy across the ridge and a guy in a truck were all glassing there. Two more jeep like rigs pull up and three guys get out. I say "I think we've got this spot covered"... Dude says "just stopping to piss." Just stopping to piss? So I ask him if he thinks it's proper hunter educate to stop next to other hunters just to piss? Guy replys with "**** you man!", and they leave.
Later in the day I'm pulled off making a sandwich for lunch and the fags drive by and yell out the window "we've got this side covered."
I give em a thumbs up and a "right on" because I'd just been that way and there was nothing to see. Not only that but I was just using my b tag as a scouting tool for the M11 hunt so I wasn't even hunting but familiarizing myself with the area.
Ended up seeing 5 deer, 1 forked horn from that glassing point. None of the other guys that stopped there saw any of them. And two of the deer were just below their trucks but the hillside hid them from view. On the M11 hunt we saw a decent 3x4 rutting in there too. Oh and I killed a 3x4 a couple weekends later while getting familiar with the area.
So you mean what I'm walking into Saturday?

Jhil653

FNG
Nice work! I am still looking for that kind of experience. I just started to bow hunt to scout for rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk