First Bow Kill

Over the little holiday vacation I just had I decided I was going to make it a point to put a piggy down with the ole bow.

I've always rifle hunted and had a Matthew's Monster years ago that I shot for a little bit then sold to a friend.
Recently bought it back from him, started shooting again, and decided I would actually get around to using it for hunting this time.

Anyway, went out and got this little guy a couple nights ago.
Shot was 25 yards, passed right through, ran about 70 yards or so.
Oddly enough there was no blood I could see where the shot hit, maybe from the whole group of pigs kicking all the dirt around? Once I did find the blood though, it wasn't much of a challenge to follow it.

Setup is a Matthew's Monster at 55lbs with about a 460gr arrow using a Cut Throat broadhead

Was a blast and I tried going out for q couple more before heading back to work but they never came out to play. I dont think I'll be bowless again anytime soon and now I'm already looking at a new one.
23aba2a5b88e4cde7000eb86e8e42a61.jpg
804d8614b646a846bac78c510a5372f3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The heart seems to pump a little faster with a bow kill for me compared to a rifle. Nice hog!

OP
H
The heart seems to pump a little faster with a bow kill for me compared to a rifle. Nice hog!
Completely honest, it was not this way at all for me. I dont really know why, maybe my brain saying, this isnt a rifle, you're shot needs to be perfect, it's not gonna fall just from the hit like a rifle, and thinking of it in that manner kept me calm but it seemed like just another arrow which I suppose it ultimately what you want.

I had also just hustled my ass off several hundred yards because I had just packed up to head out and as I was leaving, saw all the pigs run to the feeder so I went back haha. Maybe I was just tired already haha.

None the less, all i have been thinking about is the next chance to go out.

cayres67

FNG
Over the little holiday vacation I just had I decided I was going to make it a point to put a piggy down with the ole bow.

I've always rifle hunted and had a Matthew's Monster years ago that I shot for a little bit then sold to a friend.
Recently bought it back from him, started shooting again, and decided I would actually get around to using it for hunting this time.

Oddly enough there was no blood I could see where the shot hit, maybe from the whole group of pigs kicking all the dirt around? Once I did find the blood though, it wasn't much of a challenge to follow it.

Setup is a Matthew's Monster at 55lbs with about a 460gr arrow using a Cut Throat broadhead

Was a blast and I tried going out for q couple more before heading back to work but they never came out to play. I dont think I'll be bowless again anytime soon and now I'm already looking at a new one.

bowhunting always gets the heart racing

Primos4me

FNG
Sure that was an awesome adrenaline rush with a bow. Sounds close to turkey hunting with a whole flock of eyes watching.

seashift

FNG

So me good eats there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRM

WKR
Oddly enough there was no blood I could see where the shot hit

Can be tough sometimes to get good blood on a hog. All the fat can just about totally seal off the wound channel a lot of times. Always pays to watch those boogers till they disappear so you can try and start tracking there.