First buck of 2022, Alabama success

Scottyboy

WKR
8892EB9D-CEB5-4C41-9F93-59EB1D211D74.jpeg958C3A48-3F82-4CD0-BC4F-2C2F19B6E166.jpegNever thought I would hunt (or even go to) Alabama in my life. I was lucky enough to be invited down and had a hunt that I will never forget. Strange weather (rain, cold, hot and a bit of tornado for good luck), strange food (I’m from Minnesota, give me a break! 🤷‍♂️) and some late season rut action like I’ve never seen before. Was lucky enough to take this 8pt on my last day. Central(ish) Alabama is a special place for anyone wanting to chase whitetails in the off season, I will be making this trip every year from here on out!

View attachment 379962View attachment 379959Never thought I would hunt (or even go to) Alabama in my life. I was lucky enough to be invited down and had a hunt that I will never forget. Strange weather (rain, cold, hot and a bit of tornado for good luck), strange food (I’m from Minnesota, give me a break! 🤷‍♂️) and some late season rut action like I’ve never seen before. Was lucky enough to take this 8pt on my last day. Central(ish) Alabama is a special place for anyone wanting to chase whitetails in the off season, I will be making this trip every year from here on out!
Thats impressive

rexahayes

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 379962View attachment 379959Never thought I would hunt (or even go to) Alabama in my life. I was lucky enough to be invited down and had a hunt that I will never forget. Strange weather (rain, cold, hot and a bit of tornado for good luck), strange food (I’m from Minnesota, give me a break! ) and some late season rut action like I’ve never seen before. Was lucky enough to take this 8pt on my last day. Central(ish) Alabama is a special place for anyone wanting to chase whitetails in the off season, I will be making this trip every year from here on out!
I want to hear more about this late season rutting action! Was this in Feb?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
I want to hear more about this late season rutting action! Was this in Feb?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
It was. I hunted the first week of February and I believe the season went another week after I left. From what I heard, mid-late January through the end of the season is typically the best time to be out for the rut.