First Build Complete! Finally

rootacres

WKR
Hey all,

So I just finished up my first complete rifle build. After buying a CA 300 WSM and dialing up some loads for it I was hooked. So I ended up doing the following, build list below. I know the caliber isn't popular, that's part of the reason I wanted to do it, something different seemed cool. Anyway, here it is.

7mm WSM
Bighorn Origin SA
Mcgown 22" barrel (cerakoted w/ their brake)
Timney HIT trigger
Axial Precision Stock
Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42
Warne Mountain Tech Rings
Load - TBD (working on some ABLRs and ELDXs)
IMG_2109.jpgIMG_2110.jpgIMG_2116.jpg

Wapiti1

WKR
Very nice. I like that stock. Open grip with a little vertical built in. I'll have to look at Axial stocks a bit.

Hows it shooting so far?

Jeremy

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey all,

So I just finished up my first complete rifle build. After buying a CA 300 WSM and dialing up some loads for it I was hooked. So I ended up doing the following, build list below. I know the caliber isn't popular, that's part of the reason I wanted to do it, something different seemed cool. Anyway, here it is.

7mm WSM
Bighorn Origin SA
Mcgown 22" barrel (cerakoted w/ their brake)
Timney HIT trigger
Axial Precision Stock
Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42
Warne Mountain Tech Rings
Load - TBD (working on some ABLRs and ELDXs)
View attachment 204495View attachment 204496View attachment 204497
Build turned out awesome! Thanks for sharing some photos of the stock. We're happy to answer any questions and/or help out in any way that we can.

OP
rootacres

rootacres

WKR
Nice build - wondering how you like that stock?? Not sure I've even seen that one but it looks pretty slick!
Congrats!

So far so good. This stock is awesome. For a lightweight hunting rifle the configuration is perfect. The grip angle was a big appeal. The negative comb leads to great recoil management and it is incredibly light and rigid.

OP
rootacres

rootacres

WKR
Very nice. I like that stock. Open grip with a little vertical built in. I'll have to look at Axial stocks a bit.

Hows it shooting so far?

Jeremy

So far its pretty good. Shot MOA with a load while breaking it in. Im hoping without much work I can dial in a pretty nasty load.

The Axial Precision stock is badass and my experience with the company might be the best experience Ive had in the industry. Spoke with them while ordering it, sent them a check. They called during the manufacturing to confirm the weight fill I wanted, recoil pad and inlet. They actually worked with me to look up the barrel dimensions on the website of my barrel company to make sure they knew exactly what contour they were dealing with. Then followed it all up with an email to make sure I was happy.

p.s. Not that it mattered because my barrel took 11 weeks to get but they nailed the lead time.