First Cali Blacktail of the year for me!!

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
Had a great opening week. Got to film trkyslr take his 2 monster bucks 4 days apart and then it was my turn. I got situated in the stand thursday afternoon and the woods came alive. I watched this guy come from about 100 yards out and work his way into range at 25 yards. I let him have it and he made it a total of 80 yards before piling up. I am a happy camper. Always feels good to put the first buck of the year down and I am anxious to see what I put my second tag on.

Attachments

• PRMS0880.jpg
    PRMS0880.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 84
  • tipperedit.jpg
    tipperedit.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 80
OP
J

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
dam i forgot about the small pic thing.. still dont know how to do it either. sorry

ozzyshane

FNG
Hey Jo do u think these big forkies are old animals going back or young one that would always stay as they are Thanks Shane

OP
J

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Jo do u think these big forkies are old animals going back or young one that would always stay as they are Thanks Shane

Shane,
Both this buck and the big forky i shot in 2011 were old bucks I am guessing 5-7 years old. Reason I say this is cuz I got pics of both bucks the year prior to me taking them. In 2010 I saw the forky i shot last yr on a couple occasions on the ranch I hunt. He was a big forky in 2010 also and a very mature dominate buck. The guy I shot this year I am pretty sure I have pics of him from last year as a big 3x2. He was a mature buck last year about same antler frame size just had 1 extra point. Maybe tonight I'll look thru my pics and add a few from prior years.