First camera

Taube94

FNG
Hey guys/gals. I’m looking to get in photography but don’t know where start. I’m looking for a camera I can take with me on hunts and something durable to stuff in my pack. Any suggestions?

Happy to help out. Best bet would be to give me a call at 516-217-1000

Do you want a point and shoot, interchangeable lens camera? Weatherproof? Budget?

Look forward to hearing from you

Joel

Lost Buck

FNG
Hey guys/gals. I’m looking to get in photography but don’t know where start. I’m looking for a camera I can take with me on hunts and something durable to stuff in my pack. Any suggestions?
Cannon rebel will do what ever you need

While the Canon is a nice camera, it's not weatherproof, dustproof or have built in image stabilization. They come with an 18-55 lens or a 2 lens kit that forces you to carry around multiple lenses.
The BEST reasonable priced outfit is the Olympus E-M5 Mark II. It has 5 axis IS built in and comes with a weatherproof lens that is like having a 28-300mm lens in 35mm terms.
Give me a call to discuss the options

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
I ended buying a cannon rebel T6 before I read any of this. I figure it would do what I need until I’m ready to upgrade. Plus I got a crazy deal on it and a bunch of accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
Thank you for all your input though. When I get ready to upgrade I’ll be sure to call camera land

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Sony DSC - HX400V for my first camera. I bought it used off of facebook marketplace for too good of a deal to pass up. Anybody have any good resources to help with the learning process of a new camera?

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
I got a Sony DSC - HX400V for my first camera. I bought it used off of facebook marketplace for too good of a deal to pass up. Anybody have any good resources to help with the learning process of a new camera?

My mom is a self taught photographer. Basically what she told me is use your camera everyday and play it with. Try different modes of different lighting. And YouTube

Perhaps there is a local entry to photography class. You tube is great for what it is but very hard to ask your computer a question

While the Canon is a nice camera, it's not weatherproof, dustproof or have built in image stabilization. They come with an 18-55 lens or a 2 lens kit that forces you to carry around multiple lenses.
The BEST reasonable priced outfit is the Olympus E-M5 Mark II. It has 5 axis IS built in and comes with a weatherproof lens that is like having a 28-300mm lens in 35mm terms.
Give me a call to discuss the options
I literally do not know anything about cameras or lenses ECT. At the same time I desire to have good memories of my family and hunting trips. Not looking to buy new, but will haul it in the mountains hunting so weight is a dilemma. Olympus E-M5 Mark II?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The Olympus is the BEST camera under $1000 for use in the field. It is 100% weatherproof, both body and the lens. The lens goes from a nice wide angle to a terrific telephoto, full frame equivalent of 28-3200mm,. It has built in 5 axis IS and has hd video.
Normally $999.99, there is a $100 rebate that starts now, so we can do the rebate and more, bringing the cost to $849.99 for the camera with the 14-150mm lens
I am here today until 5:30 and M-F 9-6. Call me with any questions
Joel
516-217-1000

Stalker69

WKR
Dang it you guys got me looking now. Just bought a new video camera ( cheap one). The only thing is watching the videos on that Olympus it seems like like there are more controls and stuff then I could ever figure out. My primary use is hunting videos, and many need to be filmed from a distance, from the shooter. I don’t need a “ pro” type system by any means. Easy to use and good video, pics. are my main concerns. The price is quite a bit more then I spent on this video camera, and not sure if it’s worth the upgrade or not. Didn’t realize you could take video with that type of camera, are they better then a std. video camera ?

Last edited:
Far better then a standard camcorder. The sensor is much larger and the lenses are better then they use on consumer camcorders. Different with Pro camcorders used by videographers for weddings, etc that cost $3000 and up

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have never dealt with CameralandNY, they are first class. Can't think of the last optic or camera that I didn't buy from them.

Stalker69

WKR
Are there fake models of this camera p1000 ? The reason I ask is there a number of places selling them for 734.00 - 749.00. Says they are brand new.