First camera

There are no fakes. There are also NO authorized retailers selling them at that price with a USA warranty. If they are then they are doing going out of business clearance sales. Every big dealer, B and H, Adorama, Best Buy, Us all sell it at $996.95. Nikon sets the price.
Be VERY careful. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is

Stalker69

WKR
Man I can’t find a spare battery for it or the remote controller on your sight. The battery is a el- en20A, but it don’t come up.

Stalker69

WKR
Hey, boss just got diagnosed with this corona shit. So not sure if I will be working or not. Once everything settles I will call you.

Stalker69

WKR
I thought it was you that I bought my night force from, but it seems as though I remember his name being Doug or something. Any way I will call you when this gets worked out, hopefully.
What is your thought on the Nikon p1000 ? I am not a professional camera guy by any stretch of the imagination. My use will be filming mainly javelina and pig hunts ( video) and during the off times maybe a few birds ( photos) . Won’t be used in rain or any thing, I don’t even like to get my bows or guns wet lol.( fair weather hunter, raining is for sitting at camp drinking crown and coke, and cooking. So how I have been doing them is setting up a tripod and filming the guys stalk them, most of the time the stalk takes them a long ways away from where I am filming. And many times run out of zoom, hence my thoughts on this camera. And at the shooting range I figure we could see our bullets holes from a far greater distance with this camera, and save us from walking or driving the atv back and forth so much. Not into wedding things or any type of thing we’re I need great photos, just more of a casual thing that we can watch the videos ( mostly will be used for video, i would say 95% of the time) on the tv, show friends, and maybe post on you tube. My little cheap canon video camera does fine, very happy with it, but looks like this would be an upgrade ? Thanks so much for your time.

Last edited:
Big question. Due you plan to use this as a video camera or will you be taking any stills? If so what will you do with them? Store them on computer, tablet? Print them? If so How big?
If prints are not a major thing you are better off with a video camera, as most video cameras in the price range of the Nikon will give better then average pictures and MUCH better videos then the Nikon and be no heavier or bigger.

Stalker69

WKR
95% of the time video, will just store on the card and play it back on the tv occasionally with family and friends. No intention of making prints, unless I “ accidentally ” took a cool one. And even then it would not be large at all.I may take some stills of birds but it would be rare. I will use it to film ( video again) shooting sessions and want to see the bullets impact, and the holes from quite some distance also. And of course pictures ( stills) of guys at camp and game taken and stuff. If you suggest a video camera ( which I just bought one, but can’t zoom in enough to see bullet holes, or arrow impact very far at all . Other then that this one is fine as far as picture quality and video ) which would you suggest ? Here’s an example, the other day I seen a teal ( of some sort) on the lake but to far away to tell what kind. This video camera helped but, only to identify it as a teal , not which teal species. I know binoculars would work great, but I would like to get decent picture to show people exactly the cool shit that I see from time time.

Last edited:
Just did some research on camcorders and nothing has the zoom range of the Nikon due to the larger sensors they use in them. If you need that reach then the Nikon is the only option

Stalker69

WKR
Sorry op, I didn’t mean to high jack this thread. I just didn’t realize you could video with a “ camera”. I think you may have cost me some money lol. Sorry again.

Stalker69

WKR
Hey Joel, I seen you have a sale going on ( two days if you read this, or something) and asked if by chance you had the Nikon p1000 on sale. Doug says you guys don’t carry them, where would you suggest purchasing one ? If you don’t mind me asking. Just looking for the best price I can find. Thought you might know.Thanks

We don't stock them, but can get it for you. Call me to discuss price as Nikon prohibits discounted prices in print of any kind. I will be in today from 9:30-5:30
Joel
516-217-1000

I got a Sony DSC - HX400V for my first camera. I bought it used off of facebook marketplace for too good of a deal to pass up. Anybody have any good resources to help with the learning process of a new camera?

I have the same camera, amazing zoom. I think the best thing you can do for it is invest in a smooth high quality tripod.