First Colorado Elk Hunt Sept 19-23

Tsimms

FNG
4 of us headed to Colorado for our first elk hunt with Bull Basin Guides and Outfitters. Had an awesome time with three 6x6 bulls and a 5x5 killed. Largest was 307". Can't say enough good things about this guide service. Food, lodging, guides, scenery, and wildlife were incredible. Can't wait to go back.
CO Elk 3.pngCO Elk 2.png

OP
Tsimms

Tsimms

FNG
Is this one of those places where the ranch hands run the elk off of public property and on to their ranch at night? ;)

Nope. 30,000 acre ranch. But just in case you ran my elk onto the property, Thanks!!

OP
Tsimms

Tsimms

FNG
Good for you guys. Glad you had a good experience and success.

Jeremy

Thank you sir. It was a great time. I've hunted all over the midwest for whitetails and always wanted to elk hunt but never had the opportunity. We worked our a$$e$$ off at work the past year and the owner made this hunt happen.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you look around at the regs there are a few depredation hunts in July and August in CO on private land. Any weapon. One of the few places you could shoot an elk in velvet.

Those I know about. I thought the Ranching for Wildlife tags were only good for CO residents.

Those I know about. I thought the Ranching for Wildlife tags were only good for CO residents.

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tsimms

Tsimms

FNG

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are partially correct. The ranches must open a certain portion of their property to public use at certain times to maintain the RFW status. These areas and public hunting are only for CO Residents who are drawn. The actual managed RFW tags the ranch receives for the private portion of their ranch are theirs to sell to both residents and Non residents. Hence, these are the hunts they sell as a guide service and can set their own guidelines and rules.