First coues for my buddy

Well back in July when I found out neither the wife or I drew AZ coues tags. My good buddy called me and asked if I would be able to help him out. I started scouting a new area i had glassed up a bunch of decent size coues in February javelina hunting figure it would be a good start. After having hardly no rain all summer long it was hard trying to turn the bucks up. After finally figuring out where they had moved to i started finding to decent first coues bucks for him. I had found them again a week before the hunt started and figured they would be right there the following week. I finally got off work and was able to go help him out all we could find were a couple of does and come to find out the water source they were using had gone dry we looked for more water, we had found some and decided the deer had probably just moved closer to the water. We start glassing and after about 4-5 minutes i turn up a great buck i hadn’t seen before and knew we needed to kill this buck we had found him at 987 yards and knew we needed to close the distance in a hurry cuz it was getting dark. We were able to sneak into 478 yards the buck was bedded and we didn’t think he would get up before dark so my buddy took the shoot just high. I turned the scope down two clicks for him the buck stands and bolts we thought it was game over at that point, he stops after about 10-15 yards and he buries the bullet right behind the front shoulder. I’m watching the buck and see him sprint down the hill about 20 yards he turns to go up and over some rocks and can’t make it and flips over backwards. We had about 25-30 minutes of light to get to him before dark. Anyone that’s hunted coues knows that 478 yards turns into about 7-800 yards into a hurry trying to get over to him. We made it with about 10 minutes of light left take some pictures and get to work. It took us another 2 hours to get back to the Jeep. We taped the buck at 112! Thanks for reading
d0bd7680d0f3152364942d791950e4c8.jpg

b9f41e7070cc0e72ae3d4d923c9865b4.jpg

2cb8c678883d28cb13ba5e0ccb1d3575.jpg

13868c88ace8468f1da2446d7111520d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk