First couple days of season or last?

TURNER208

FNG
All,

I'll be hunting in Idaho this year (which I grew up in) and live in Montana currently and have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. Now that I live out of state I'll be having to take some time off to go down and hunt and am torn between going for the first five days or the last five days. Growing up there I never had to choose and just hunted the whole season. The idea of the first five days sounds good as there is a chance I can run into some areas that haven't had any pressure yet, but then I would have to battle the legions on opening day. The last 5 days there is a lot better chance of getting some weather to move things around. Just wanted to get some other opinions on the matter.

Thanks

Geewhiz

WKR
Last. From my experience in montana, 90% of the hunters are burned out by the 3rd or 4th week of archery and have settled to rifle hunting.

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll end up going the last week or so of the season

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
same issue but id say on average the best hunting tends to be later in the season. see ya out there!