First crested arrows and feather splicing

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Well I got a deal on a bunch of arrow making stuff and bought a package deal from a guy that included a few thousand feathers, a 120 wooden arrows all spine matched and grain matched, 6 blitzen burger jigs with right helical and straight clamps so I figured I better put them to use.

I had some 2020 aluminums I used for my first attempt at cresting. Made a template and cut my feathers by hand. Turned a mini lathe into an arrow spinner.

I like how they turned out. Not perfect but pretty good for my first try.20210520_194226_resize_39.jpg20210520_194233_resize_50.jpg20210520_194244_resize_86.jpg

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, where does one find deals on used traditional gear?
Seems like there has got to be a lot of guys around with big ideas and not enough time.. i was there! And sometimes still am. Just curious how/where you got lucky because i have been keeping my eyes open for random stuff. Miss my mini bowshop at my parents house in MI.

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, where does one find deals on used traditional gear?
Seems like there has got to be a lot of guys around with big ideas and not enough time.. i was there! And sometimes still am. Just curious how/where you got lucky because i have been keeping my eyes open for random stuff. Miss my mini bowshop at my parents house in MI.
It was pure dumb luck. I happened to be in Calgary for a day getting a welding ticket renewed and jumped on kijiji and typed arrows in the search box. Found a guy dumping all his gear at a great price.

I think kijiji might be a Canadian thing I'm not sure, it's an online buy and sell thats nationwide.

Honestly I think you just have to get lucky.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
It was pure dumb luck. I happened to be in Calgary for a day getting a welding ticket renewed and jumped on kijiji and typed arrows in the search box. Found a guy dumping all his gear at a great price.

I think kijiji might be a Canadian thing I'm not sure, it's an online buy and sell thats nationwide.

Honestly I think you just have to get lucky.
Yaaaa im not that lucky haha. I keep checking places!

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks fellas. Looking like a rain day tomorrow so I may try my hand at some wood arrows. I still need a taper tool but I can do some cresting tomorrow at least.