First daylight pic

Got my first day light pic of my shooter this morning.... this morning at 730am

My question , do I get after him and sit in the stand tomorrow morning? Or wait another week or so until the pre rut progresses Alittle more here in the north east

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Got my first day light pic of my shooter this morning.... this morning at 730am

My question , do I get after him and sit in the stand tomorrow morning? Or wait another week or so until the pre rut progresses Alittle more here in the north east

Do you have a preset stand? Will the wind direction be in your favor where you believe he would enter or exit?

If the wind is wrong, don’t hunt. If you aren’t sure where he is moving in and out from, can you set up an observation stand or area where you don’t intend to hunt as much as learn his patterns? Make sure to bring your weapon just in case if you do this. Binoculars are your friend.

Rut around here scatters bucks like crazy.

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Stand is hung. Wind will be in my favor until 930. My plan was sit till 9am then head out.

I’d hunt it. Just make sure your exit route doesn’t jump him from bedding. Often times I’ll walk an extra 1/2 mile to not cross or scent up their bedding.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Which way did he come in and out? Learn his pattern and regular path so you don't bump him when you approach your stand. Watch the wind and the temps... What were the wind and temps like when he came by for the photo?

OP
F
Wind in temps will be the same tomorrow morning. I have two new bucks In tonight after dark which are bigger. I am thinking to not chance it and stay out . Don’t wanna push these bucks out.

might wait another week as rut gets closer

thoughts?

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Wind in temps will be the same tomorrow morning. I have two new bucks In tonight after dark which are bigger. I am thinking to not chance it and stay out . Don’t wanna push these bucks out.

might wait another week as rut gets closer

thoughts?

Like I mentioned before, I’d set up an observation sit from afar (if possible) with your binos to figure their pathways and habits out. Easier said than done sometimes, I know. Usually won’t last long, so move in for an evening or morning sit ASAP once you get the intel and the conditions are right.

OP
F
Yesterday evening my cams were going crazy with action. This morning and this evening were quiet with just a couple does. Think I made the right choice today.

hopefully it gets Alittle colder and weather clears up as we get closer to the rut