First deer

Justin51

FNG
Got my first deer this evening . A nice large bodied 8 pointer . Called it in with a few spaced out quick grunts . Deer appeared on the edge of the brush and started scraping on a small tree . 75 yard shot , bang flop . Stood up on the back legs and fell over dead . Lung/heart/Lung/offside shoulder broken . Shooting Sig Sauer Elite Copper HT 120gr out of a Savage 10 BA Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor . Bullet did not exit , will post a follow up with a picture

For reference I’m 6’4” and 190lbs .

AD373116-A580-4BAC-8938-EB734672E469.jpeg

Geewhiz

WKR
Welcome to rokslide.

Cool buck man, looks like a good sized animal. Congrats on your first. Let the addiction begin.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Congrats! If I call deer they run the opposite direction. Especially for your first too. You're doing something right. How did the kuiu gear hold up. Keep you warm?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Justin51

FNG
Congrats! If I call deer they run the opposite direction. Especially for your first too. You're doing something right. How did the kuiu gear hold up. Keep you warm?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Kuiu great as always. Just the light hoodie , 200 I think , and attack pants . Unseasonably warm day today in western WI being 54 and overcast .

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
Outstanding Congrats!!

I remember my first deer and how damn proud I was of that little forked horn. He was the start of many a great life adventures.

I hope you hunting path creates as many wonderful memories and relationships as mine. Keep the wind in your face and best of luck sir.

Congrats and welcome too the fraternity, but now you are doomed too the life of a deer hunter, early mornings,late evenings, sleep deprivation, bad weather,good weather, solnar tables, tracking the rut, pissed off girl friends or wives ( they want the attention you shall devote too the deer) hours in the loading room and on the range in off season developing loads, (did I say pissed off girl friends or wife)New rifles,scopes, taxiderimst on 24 hour call, Ah the list goes on and on.

bmrfish

WKR
Congrats and welcome too the fraternity, but now you are doomed too the life of a deer hunter, early mornings,late evenings, sleep deprivation, bad weather,good weather, solnar tables, tracking the rut, pissed off girl friends or wives ( they want the attention you shall devote too the deer) hours in the loading room and on the range in off season developing loads, (did I say pissed off girl friends or wife)New rifles,scopes, taxiderimst on 24 hour call, Ah the list goes on and on.

It’s a wonderful life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk