First DIY high country mule deer hunt

Hey guys, planning on doing my first DIY high country archery trip this year in Colorado. Just looking for some advice, any will help! As of now I’m going solo, but if there’s any other solo guys out there that need a second person let me know. Really just wanting to learn as much as I can, I don’t expect any areas or specific unit numbers, just anything that will help me plan and hunt more effectively. I’ve done one backcountry elk hunt In Colorado and a ton of backcountry fly fishing back East. Thanks for any info it’s much appreciated!

OP
B
They changed it to today due to difficulties in the website. I’m in for units 35,36, 45, and 361

JKOHL37

FNG
Hey guys, planning on doing my first DIY high country archery trip this year in Colorado. Just looking for some advice, any will help! As of now I’m going solo, but if there’s any other solo guys out there that need a second person let me know. Really just wanting to learn as much as I can, I don’t expect any areas or specific unit numbers, just anything that will help me plan and hunt more effectively. I’ve done one backcountry elk hunt In Colorado and a ton of backcountry fly fishing back East. Thanks for any info it’s much appreciated!
Hey man, first time doing the same for me except I'll be 371/28/37 area. I've got a buddy hunting elk in your area this year tho and we'll be doing some scouting trips later this year. I'm new to the site so I don't think I can PM yet. My email is [email protected] if you want to exchange ideas and i can give you any info I get once we check out that area.

Hey man, first time doing the same for me except I'll be 371/28/37 area. I've got a buddy hunting elk in your area this year tho and we'll be doing some scouting trips later this year. I'm new to the site so I don't think I can PM yet. My email is [email protected] if you want to exchange ideas and i can give you any info I get once we check out that area.
First solo back country trip for me too- applied to those same zones. I'm moving to CO AUG 20ish and plan on scouting 1-2 times before I get out.

Glass, glass and glass some more! Good luck!
^^^^This. Also don’t get hung up on alpine basins. There are tons of deer in all that in-between country. If you can find some older burned areas away from roads hit the glass and don’t give up.