First Elk - Best taxidermist in Denver or Colorado Springs?

330D1229-AE8F-42C6-B078-BF7268F4746C.jpeg

I killed a beautiful 6x7 for my first bull.

Very interested in recommendations for high quality taxidermist in the Colorado Springs or Denver area. A search of prior posts identified a few shops that have closed or changed hands.

NYFarmer

FNG
Timberline Taxidermy in the Springs, did a great job on my shoulder mount last year

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only used one taxidermist in that area. Mountain peak wildlife studio at Colorado Springs and they did a great job on a muley shoulder mount for me a few years ago.

chase4545

FNG
Timberline taxidermy, no question. I live up by Denver an will gladly run my stuff down there every time I have something to mount. They do good work.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Get the recommendations you ask for, but don't rely only on internet or Facebook recommendations. In the end you are the one that lives with the choice. Go and look at the work that people recommend. Ask questions of the taxidermist, like how long in business? do they tan the skins? Price is a big factor also. Not all guys that are high price will be the best taxidermy work. If the work, you see in his/her shop is what you like and you are also good with the price then you found your taxidermist. Remember when you look at the work being done in that studio to think, will I be ok with this hanging on my living room wall for the next 30 plus years??