First Elk Hunt

My wife and I had a great week in the mountains hunting elk. I’ve been fortunate to do a lot of hunting, in a lot of places but I’ve never had any hunt compare to this for intensity and excitement. I know this is an elk forum but for the lurkers; if you haven’t been on an elk hunt, you really should put it on your to do list. It was a hell of an experience…We were in elk every day, either screaming close, hearing them crash through the timber or seeing them. I have a hard time believing there is a person alive that could sit in elk country, and listen to them bugle without a smile on their face. My wife filmed it, and I put it together on YouTube, you should check it out, it turned out pretty cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
IMG_5298.jpg
IMG_5296.jpg
I'll post some more pics when I get a chance.

OP
C
Cool video man! Thanks to your wife for the editing and for giving you the same wtf? looks my wife gives me on occasion.
Thanks for watching! She did most of the filming but I did the editing. I didn’t notice the look when it happened, but saw it editing lol. She had a great time but she was ready to go home at that point. Made for a good laugh though. I think next time she’ll go for 4-5 days and fly home and I’ll try to stay 1.5-2 weeks.

Jbehredt

WKR
My wife is good for about 3 nights in the woods. We’ll recharge her in a hotel then head back out after that.

OP
C
My wife is good for about 3 nights in the woods. We’ll recharge her in a hotel then head back out after that.
That's pretty good. My wife had never hunted more than a weekend, so I think a week was alot all at once. I've done a lot of one staycation and oos hunts so it wasn't new to me, but that's alot of hunting for someone not used to it. imo

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool video! I just did my first successful elk hunt and while I am thankful to fill my tag, being in the mountains hearing them bugle and crash through the timber first hand was worth the hard work!!!
IMG_1735.jpg

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome video. Elk hunting is very addictive. We moved out west two years ago and the whole family hunts together. First archery season I stalked within 80 yards of a 6 point and his herd, got him screaming but he wouldn’t leave his herd. Daughter filled her rifle tag w a nice 6x5 one month later, same area. This season on elk everyday stalked within 20 yards of a bull we nicknamed the monster but he busted from his bed before I had a shot. Wife filled her rifle tag one month later with a nice 5point, same area and setup shooting sticks on the monster the day before just as two hunters walked up draw with wind at their back and busted the herd. We call archery season the ultimate scouting season. See you jn the woods