First Elk! with my Dad

Inked20200917_175158_LI.jpgInked20200917_175117_LI.jpg!

My dad and I connected on this guy in CO over the muzzleloader season. We both shot/hit him through the lungs. We both had tags, but dad got the honor of officially tagging him, although we are both claiming him as ours. Was a long road to get to this point (I think 5 years and about 7 seasons of hunting between rifle and archery; and we are both so grateful to finally be taking home some meat). Doing this with my dad is extra special, and I will never forget this hunt.

OP
A
Thanks all! Ya his bases are weird, and his left side, front tines didn't develop like the right side. Guessing some weird genetics. We helped a guy pack his bull out from the same area and his bases were the same as well.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats bro! I’m four years in and learned a ton but still have some of the curve to cut obviously so my hats off to you.

TheGDog

WKR
Damn those things are big. Very nice. Way to stick with it too! Gotta be real sweet after soo much time invested!

JakeSCH

WKR
Awesome and congrats!! Definitely something special, my dad and I tagged our first cow elk together and I will never forget it.

I also double punched a buck last year with my buddy, since both shots hit lung we said first shot (me) got it.

SBAHunts

FNG
congrats but what with the orange & blue face?? can't see the big smiles that must have been on your faces