First go at once fired pt 2: Primer pockets

What do you do to prep primer pockets and what tools are you using? What are you looking for to get the best primer seating?

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
I only clean primer pockets on my long range precision loads. And then it's a pocket brush that I Chuck up in a drill. Depending on the cartridge I grab a couple in a hand and hit them all and grab a new handful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I used to just use a hand pocket cleaner, now I have an electric one, either way I just touch them up really quick but don’t go for perfection.

Shrek

WKR
I just touch mine up with a uniformer. A tiny shiny ring around the bottom edge is all I want. I also deburr the flash hole. I do this to all my brass. Since I don’t shoot any factory loads at all it’s done to virgin brass.

Rob5589

WKR
I use a uniformer initially, then a small brush in my drill to clean if they look really funky, usually around 2-3 firings.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
If it’s my brass I use a light touch on the uniformer on the case prep station. If the brass is new to me I occasionally find I need the reamer. Always look through the flash hole to make sure it’s clear.

JRMiller

WKR
New brass i always use a uniformer. RCBS i think. Chucked to a slow drill.
I dont clean afterfiring anymore as it doesnt affect accuracy. At least for me anyways

rayporter

WKR
i use an old whitetail uniformer mounted in a block i hold in my left hand. the block also has a brush mounted in it. i can pick up a case with my right hand and give a twist on the uniformer quickly. all new brass and once fired gets uniformed. after that i get careless and dont use it every time. the brush is for necks, if i want to brush out a neck i flip over the case and twist it on the nylon brush.

there is also and extra uniformer that can be drill mounted if i think the brass needs a lot of clean up.

ignition is paramount and proper seating is very important.