First goat!

tteel

FNG
My wife and I filled our NE Wyoming tags the second week of rifle.
lessons learned:
1. Antelope have keen sense of ability to be just out of range with no cover to make a stalk.
2. Its Important to find a good glassing point.
3. If they run over a hill they likely just stopped once they can’t see you anymore.
4. The cover is short and cactus sucks.
5. They are difficult to field judge I under scored both antelope we shot.

Very nice. I hunted them for the first time last weekend. I learned a lot and filled both my buck and doe tags. I learned the same lessons you did plus one more: it's easy to get past the pressure as most people don't get out of the truck until they see something they like.

Very nice! Congratulations!

We'll be in SE WY the last few days of the month. First time out there. Really appreciate the hunt reports from the state. My buddy only has one leg, and I'm a bit hobbled as well. Hopefully we'll overcome and fill my tag. He's along just because he loves the outdoors, even though he didn't pull a tag this year.

Cinch

Lil-Rokslider
Very well done congratulations! Good thing you filled your tags we had a blizzard most of the day...

manitou1

WKR
Both are beautiful pronghorns with nice heart-shaped horns. A lot of folks would love a goat like either of those.
I second your observations on the hunting. I wear knee pads and leather gloves. This year I took my gloves off as I watched a herd from afar, waiting for them to move closer. Even took a nap on a plateau close to a fox that was sunning outside it's den. I went to stand up and put my hand right into one of those pesky cactus, breaking off about a half dozen thorns in the palm of my hand. Was sore and swollen a bit for a few days, but they eventually worked themselves out.
Congrats on your successful hunt.

dotrappe

FNG
Is that a TBAC suppressor? Did it affect the herd like a normal shot would have? I've been told it's not as chaotic as unsuppressed?

OP
T

tteel

FNG
Is that a TBAC suppressor? Did it affect the herd like a normal shot would have? I've been told it's not as chaotic as unsuppressed?
Yeah it is an Ultra 7 for 30 cal. It really did not affect them at all after the shot. They would trot around but never traveled more than a half mile away.

dotrappe

FNG
Very cool. I have been meaning to make the jump to suppressed. Was hoping there would be legislation to remove them as NFA... Oh well, it's time to stop being a cheap a$$ and pony up I suppose!