First hunt coming up, need pants.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
So I’ll be doing my first hunt in the beginning of October up in the mountains of NV and am trying to figure out what pants and combo I can get away with.

Temps can range from 20-80.

Thinking of using either the prana's or maybe picking up some FL corrugate and or the KUIU attack pants as everyone here raves about it (have to get one size larger it seems)

I have some UA base 2.0 leggings, will all of these pants do well in these temps with just the added leggings? Having a hard time picturing how warm some of this makes you.

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu attack’s or pro pants - both have hip vents which allow them to be worn over a wide range of temps.
Yeah I'm liking the vents for sure on the attacks just trying to figure what is warm and what I'll freeze my butt off with.

First hunt so I'm probably overthinking it.

USMC-40

WKR
You probably are - I’ve hunted in the same temp range with pros and attacks. Gonna give the fjallravens a go this year in AK - if you want knee pads go pro if you don’t go attack

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
You probably are - I’ve hunted in the same temp range with pros and attacks. Gonna give the fjallravens a go this year in AK - if you want knee pads go pro if you don’t go attack
If you buy the attacks, good idea to size up?

Hondo

WKR
Congrats on your first hunting trip! Preparing for it can be an challenging adventure in itself. You picked a great forum to glean information from.

Presuming that pants aren't the only thing on your gear list to be checked off, I would consider wearing the Prana Zion's and investing into some good merino base layer bottoms. The Zion has a lighter (13.6oz) fabric than the Corrugate Guide (17oz) or Attack (18.5oz) but they too make great hunting pants. My next trip back to the mountains I hope to have with me the yet to be released First Lite Fuse zip off merino bottoms.

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on your first hunting trip! Preparing for it can be an challenging adventure in itself. You picked a great forum to glean information from.

Presuming that pants aren't the only thing on your gear list to be checked off, I would consider wearing the Prana Zion's and investing into some good merino base layer bottoms. The Zion has a lighter (13.6oz) fabric than the Corrugate Guide (17oz) or Attack (18.5oz) but they too make great hunting pants. My next trip back to the mountains I hope to have with me the yet to be released First Lite Fuse zip off merino bottoms.
Thank you! It took 3 years of applying to get a tag here lol

I wear prana shorts and pants most times of the year as they are really comfy and light. I was wondering if the prana's and a base layer would be good enough. It's one of those that is hard for me to "picture" what the warmth will be until I try it out up there (then it's about too late).

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I’d stay give the SG De Hav. Pants a look, the long side vent, adjustable waist, and knee pad option make them a Flexible-do it all pant.

The Attacks and Attack pros take a close 2nd, both are incredible comfortable I just hate that I’m between sizes with KUIU. Sizing up and tailoring down is annoying.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Kutana- early season to mid, great water shedding ability, breath ability, and way tougher for brush busting than both the attack and attack pro, mine show hardly any wear compared to my attacks and have had them the same amount of time. Hold up great to thick brush and sage.
Attack- mid to late(with leggings). Great fitting, comfortable pant.
If I were to have one it would be the Kutana, wore them in the temperatures you described the past few weeks, never got to hot or cold, if you picked some zip bottom leggings, I hate UA leggings never felt they performed for there price, this could be the do all setup for what you described.

I’d recommend pairing the attacks with the lighter merino zip off leggings. Easy to adjust based on the temps. Add gaiters if you’re expecting snow or rain. Those three pieces have covered everything from 15 degree snowy mornings in Idaho to 90 degree California heat.

Pootros

FNG
My vote would be for the Sitka Mountain pants. I wear them from August to November. And the built in knees pads are the cat’s pajamas.

Of the pants you listed all are good options and I own a pair of each. Hard to find a set of pants that can really handle that temp range. I find most pants that can really handle cold temps down to 20-30 just don’t breath well for 70 and over. In hot temps I really like a hot weather pant like the ascent or tiburon. As far as your options, For hunting I would rate them thusly:

1 - Attacks - great pants. Comfortable. Good blend of breathable for heat and weather resistance. The hip vents are the bees knees. step up to the pros if you want some knee protection.

2 - Zion. - I probably own 4-5 pair between their long pants and shorts. They are my favorite non hunting hiking pants and are becoming my go to for casaul shorts. Not as weather resistant as attacks but more breathable. Be careful, there is a skinny jeans version that I almost bought that fits like yoga pants so make sure you have the right ones.

3 - corugate guides - like them but don’t love them. The pair I have are early gen and they don’t breath well but they will repel some water.

sitka mountain pants are a worthy consideration. For hunting, I would place them behind the attacks but ahead of the zions.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
I wear marmot rogue pants. They have been a great cheaper option for me than some of the high end hunting brands. I use them for hiking, backpacking, and a lot of my hunting in MT - both mountains and plains. They breathe great in warm weather, I have had them in weather up to the 80's, and with a merino base layer underneath, I have had them out down to single digits. When sitting to glass they get a little cold, but in single digits that is to be expected. I pair them with OR Crocodile Expedition Gaitors. I have a pair of sitka timberlines for when it gets really cold. I love those, but I use the rogues when I can just to save wear and tear on the timberlines so that the budget goes a little farther.

tracker12

WKR
I wear marmot rogue pants. They have been a great cheaper option for me than some of the high end hunting brands. I use them for hiking, backpacking, and a lot of my hunting in MT - both mountains and plains. They breathe great in warm weather, I have had them in weather up to the 80's, and with a merino base layer underneath, I have had them out down to single digits. When sitting to glass they get a little cold, but in single digits that is to be expected. I pair them with OR Crocodile Expedition Gaitors. I have a pair of sitka timberlines for when it gets really cold. I love those, but I use the rogues when I can just to save wear and tear on the timberlines so that the budget goes a little farther.

Thanks for the info on the Rouge. I have been looking for a Marlot that I could wear in warm weather.

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Kutana- early season to mid, great water shedding ability, breath ability, and way tougher for brush busting than both the attack and attack pro, mine show hardly any wear compared to my attacks and have had them the same amount of time. Hold up great to thick brush and sage.
Attack- mid to late(with leggings). Great fitting, comfortable pant.
If I were to have one it would be the Kutana, wore them in the temperatures you described the past few weeks, never got to hot or cold, if you picked some zip bottom leggings, I hate UA leggings never felt they performed for there price, this could be the do all setup for what you described.
Those sound like perfect pants. I hear with the kuiu's that you should size up from normal is that true with the kutana pants?