First Kifaru Pack

Anozira

WKR
I just placed an order with Kifaru on my first "real" pack. Jordan sold me on the Hoodlum and I really like the way she has it set up with the Sherman. My wallet still stings a bit but I'm pretty excited. The next several weeks are going to take forever! Also I don't know how you guys choose the colors. That was one the of the hardest parts for me.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
Congrats man, you will love it! You're right, naming my kids was easier than picking colors!

I also can't wait to put some meat in it and see how it handles. I packed out a mule deer last year with a cheap internal frame pack and told myself it was the last time I was going to do that.

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
You will like it. I just got my order this week. Those two weeks went slow for me ha. Glad I went with kifaru. I went with the nomad with some different pockets. Putting it together has been the hard part for me. Buckles and straps everywhere, but that's what also makes it versatile.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
You will like it. I just got my order this week. Those two weeks went slow for me ha. Glad I went with kifaru. I went with the nomad with some different pockets. Putting it together has been the hard part for me. Buckles and straps everywhere, but that's what also makes it versatile.

Thats another thing I really like is all of the options available through Kifaru for accessories. You can mix and match so many combos to make it "yours". I ordered a Sherman pocket, a 500D Organizer and a bungie kit at the same time. I was tempted to ordered a gun bearer also but I'll wait to see how the Sherman works for packing a rifle.

jspradley

WKR
Awesome thing about Kifaru gear is you can catch and release the bags for almost as much as you paid for them (if not more if its unused in the field!) so you aren't out much from your initial purchase to try out different bags until you find the one that works best for you.

joshf303

Lil-Rokslider
Thats another thing I really like is all of the options available through Kifaru for accessories. You can mix and match so many combos to make it "yours". I ordered a Sherman pocket, a 500D Organizer and a bungie kit at the same time. I was tempted to ordered a gun bearer also but I'll wait to see how the Sherman works for packing a rifle.

Congrats on the pack....it probably won’t be your last one. Grin..

The Gunbearer takes a bit of getting used to, but is a solid addition.

bspin15

FNG
I have been on the fence about upgrading my pack... this may be the year I drop the big bucks and buy a Kifaru. I met Aron at the Bowtech factory in Eugene last weekend and he was super cool, showed me how nice a real pack and frame can feel.

jspradley

WKR
I have been on the fence about upgrading my pack... this may be the year I drop the big bucks and buy a Kifaru. I met Aron at the Bowtech factory in Eugene last weekend and he was super cool, showed me how nice a real pack and frame can feel.

High end packs are a game changer! You won't regret it!

hoff1ck

WKR
Visited Kifaru while I was in Denver last week. Was already contemplating a change over to Kifaru, but that visit solidified it. Blown away by the 44 mag, so I'll be placing an order soon. Thinking it'll finally end the constant pack change trying to find one that will do everything I need it too. Love the versatility of the Kifaru systems.

Nickb_00

Lil-Rokslider
I just upgraded mine this year and so far I'm loving it! I was able to find a used Timberline 2 and older hunting frame here on rokslide. Cant wait to use it this fall for archery elk and mule deer! I have a feeling I should have done it years ago!

To date, my kifaru pack has been my best purchase. Its one of the big 3 where I feel ahunter should spend money (boots, glass, pack )

BoneDok

FNG
Literally just did the same as the OP last night. Fell for the Hoodlum. Looks incredible. Now I'll just be sitting here twiddling my thumbs until it hits my doorstep.

9.3 Fan

FNG
Another vote for the gunbearer when your finances permit. It was a game changer for me.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
I received my pack last night and Its been a long time since I've been this excited about a new piece of gear. The quality is definitely top notch and the rigging can be done in an infinite number of ways. I played with it last night for a little while and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to attach the Sherman Pocket at the top. My 85mm spotter fits roomy in the side pocket and my tripod just barely allows the zipper to close. I may end up strapping it to the exterior of my pack, I'm not sure. I'll try to get some pictures loaded up this weekend after I figure it out.