First Kifaru Pack

I just placed an order with Kifaru on my first "real" pack. Jordan sold me on the Hoodlum and I really like the way she has it set up with the Sherman. My wallet still stings a bit but I'm pretty excited. The next several weeks are going to take forever! Also I don't know how you guys choose the colors. That was one the of the hardest parts for me.
Best I remember, Jordan's recommendations has cost me close to $600 in the last year. Best thing is though they worked perfectly.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
I got side-tracked this weekend working on the house and forgot to upload some pictures. I liked the bungie cord on Trekker's pack and thought it was a great idea. I'm still playing with the configuration and will probably just run it on the main pack and cut it shorter so the Sherman pocket can still be removed. The pocket works well on a rifle but the cam on my bow doesn't slip very far down into the pocket. I tried turning the bow horizontal and that seemed more secure but a good way to catch it on every tree branch along the trail. I will probably just end up carrying it in hand, who knows.

jspradley

WKR
I got side-tracked this weekend working on the house and forgot to upload some pictures. I liked the bungie cord on Trekker's pack and thought it was a great idea. I'm still playing with the configuration and will probably just run it on the main pack and cut it shorter so the Sherman pocket can still be removed. The pocket works well on a rifle but the cam on my bow doesn't slip very far down into the pocket. I tried turning the bow horizontal and that seemed more secure but a good way to catch it on every tree branch along the trail. I will probably just end up carrying it in hand, who knows.

Um... you don't happen to work for a "casting studio" do you? Just wondering... no reason... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gagster7

Lil-Rokslider
I just got mine about 4 wks ago it was also my first pack. I went hoodlum, with Sherman pocket, 2 medium pockets (one xpac ), guide lid( xpac )
It’s amazing I carried it in day mode for the total archery challenge. It was worth the wait and price

Attachments

• 63D0E3C6-CBF9-4336-9F31-8C6CC82DE68F.jpeg
    63D0E3C6-CBF9-4336-9F31-8C6CC82DE68F.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 109
  • 07422349-6DD5-4896-B95C-0E3A2740BB70.jpeg
    07422349-6DD5-4896-B95C-0E3A2740BB70.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 111
  • F034DCC0-E258-419B-AFE8-8C86CC694F64.jpeg
    F034DCC0-E258-419B-AFE8-8C86CC694F64.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 110
OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
I just got mine about 4 wks ago it was also my first pack. I went hoodlum, with Sherman pocket, 2 medium pockets (one xpac ), guide lid( xpac )
It’s amazing I carried it in day mode for the total archery challenge. It was worth the wait and price

I think I may order a small pouch for my waist belt for gloves or other quick access items.

md126

WKR
That rifle and bow holder seems like it rides awfully low. I can’t imagine it not hitting your legs while you were walking.

Gagster7

Lil-Rokslider
My plan was to run the bow Down the back of the pack and then flip the Sherman pocket over it to keep it in place and not use the back of the Sherman pocket to put the cam in because I had the same feeling that it runs low

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
That rifle and bow holder seems like it rides awfully low. I can’t imagine it not hitting your legs while you were walking.

Its funny you should say that because my wife made a similar comment. While I don't have any real world experience with it yet, I can say that while walking around the house because of the angle or distance spaced off my back it didn't hit my legs. This isn't to say that it won't while hiking uneven ground or navigating through brush and over logs. Only time will tell.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
This is a picture I took with the sherman pocket folded over the bow and the bow turned horizontal. It seemed fairly secure and out of the way of your legs. The Sherman pocket may turn out to be an attachment point that works only for transport in open country. 105588

Bigjay73

Lil-Rokslider
I hate this thread. My hoodlum has been sitting at Kifaru for a week, and I haven't had time to pick it up. Can't wait to try it out.

Used Kifaru over a KUIU for sure. Just my opinion.
Exactly! I returned a Kuiu pack I just bought and found a used Mountain Warrior. Ordered a new frame and some pockets and they are supposed to be shipping Thursday.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
I'm reporting back after using the Hoodlum on several day hikes last week. I must say I am still very happy with it other than one thing. The compression and sherman pocket straps going over the spotting scope and tripod pockets get in the way of quickly deploying and putting them away. Beyond that I am excited to use it this season. I must be addicted because I placed an order for a belt pocket and several UL pullouts as soon as I got home. I can easily see why people own multiple bags...

Gagster7

Lil-Rokslider
There a bunch of videos with Aron Snyder and Jordan budd that show you they don’t run the spotter and tripod in the pockets.

OP
Anozira

Anozira

WKR
There a bunch of videos with Aron Snyder and Jordan budd that show you they don’t run the spotter and tripod in the pockets.

Yeah I noticed that. I may try attaching the tripod externally to the pack and see how that works. To be honest though, the two side pockets are the main reason I chose this particular bag. They don't mention a tripod but they specifically say the side pockets are designed for a spotting scope.

"Dual side pockets add organization and measure 400 cubic inches per pocket. The side pockets will hold the bigger spotting scopes and have enough room for angled eye pieces."

At the end of the day there are too many other good points about this pack to get caught up on one thing that may not work for one individual like myself. I probably just need to learn how to use the pack more efficiently.