First Lite: $150 pants with free hole in the pocket

K

Kootenay Hunter

I agree, a lot of these smaller companies are quick to get products out on the market without proper QA/QC procedures. For the prices asked, especially the 'made in 'merica' ones (I know FL outsources overseas), the quality should be paramount. The jump from a garage operation to a full blown brand is not as smooth as they always hope.

FL's market isn't exactly huge, I wonder what they're warranty/recall rate is, since sooo many folks have issues with their stuff on here.

Responsive and adequate CS should be given, not a 'perk' of the brand.

I like to buy quality once, wince once, but if you make me wince twice, I'm going to consider never buying again and move on.

nickstone

WKR
Idk I don't think any of it is really excusable especially for the price you pay for "good" gear.

When is the last time you bought a normal pair of jeans with a hole in the pocket? Can't say that has ever happened to me.

These examples are just lack of due diligence in the QC department and not correcting the problem at the manufacturing level.

Exchanging the item is all good and everything but doesn't do anything to improve further quality issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
The hole in the jeans analogy is the exact same thing I thought of when people try to defend them. I have probably bought 40 or 50 pairs of Cinch jeans over the years and never had a hole, button, or zipper issue......same thing with my work shirts, and boxers.

On a regular basis I knowingly buy "2nds", or irregular smartwool socks off of Sierra trading post and have never had any issues with them.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Sometimes I think it's unreasonable for someone to put their hands on every item before it hits the proverbial shelves...and most companies utilized a sampling scheme because they simply can't. However, when you think that every car that's sold was test driven by a person at the factory, and companies sell hundreds of thousands of cars per year, it would seem that maybe a small production run company like FL could do the same, but maybe that's not reasonable....I'm guessing their product is coming from overseas directly to the fulfillment center.

Some of you might recall a recent screw up by a high end backpack company....lids not fitting. That defect should have never seen the light of day, but I know there was extreme pressure to get this product to market asap. The fact they were hand assembled and the fitment was not detected also raises an eyebrow....a person handled every single bag.

Oh well, all these companies can do is learn, it's concerning if they don't. I'd hate to think that these warranty issues are just been shrugged off and assumed the cost of doing business, because it's not.

Benjblt

WKR
Idk I don't think any of it is really excusable especially for the price you pay for "good" gear.

When is the last time you bought a normal pair of jeans with a hole in the pocket? Can't say that has ever happened to me.

These examples are just lack of due diligence in the QC department and not correcting the problem at the manufacturing level.

Exchanging the item is all good and everything but doesn't do anything to improve further quality issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
This. We spend too much money on this crap too see this many issues. I almost never see issues on my everyday cloths and it's generally cheaper stuff.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
menhaden_man
Sometimes I think it's unreasonable for someone to put their hands on every item before it hits the proverbial shelves...and most companies utilized a sampling scheme because they simply can't. However, when you think that every car that's sold was test driven by a person at the factory, and companies sell hundreds of thousands of cars per year, it would seem that maybe a small production run company like FL could do the same, but maybe that's not reasonable....I'm guessing their product is coming from overseas directly to the fulfillment center.

Some of you might recall a recent screw up by a high end backpack company....lids not fitting. That defect should have never seen the light of day, but I know there was extreme pressure to get this product to market asap. The fact they were hand assembled and the fitment was not detected also raises an eyebrow....a person handled every single bag.

Oh well, all these companies can do is learn, it's concerning if they don't. I'd hate to think that these warranty issues are just been shrugged off and assumed the cost of doing business, because it's not.

Funny you mention that... I also purchased a K3 pack this year... they caught the issue before I did, sent an apology and asked for my address so they can send a new one. Didn’t care what happened with the “bad one” and wasted not more than 30 seconds of my time.

That my friend is customer service and how you own a mistake.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Funny you mention that... I also purchased a K3 pack this year... they caught the issue before I did, sent an apology and asked for my address so they can send a new one. Didn’t care what happened with the “bad one” and wasted not more than 30 seconds of my time.

That my friend is customer service and how you own a mistake.

I agree, they handled it well. I thought something was a little off when I had everything cinched down and the lid was still a bit slumpy.