First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have info on the 2021 First Lite line/products? I saw an ad about the Foundry pants but can’t find additional info on the site.

Everything is speculation. So they've been saying "New Line Coming Spring 2021". So you could use that the determine sometime in the next two months, ORRR you could go by their traditional release for new gear and restocks and deduce that the new line will be coming out in June. Either way, I'm pumped. I just got the OK from the wife for a new hunting jacket (after complaining about being cold too many times coming back home) so I'm all in on jacket and pants in new specter camo. She loves their stuff too so it's a win/win.

There is another thread with some mentions of these. Seems like they ran a magazine ad in bear hunting too.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
ugh, I have no clue what actual size to order because I got so used to my size in the corrugate pants.

Rigid waistband is a bummer, but I understand why they wanted to go that route.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
What is a "rigid waistband"?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
The current corrugate have two sections of the waistband with elastic and compressed material so they stretch as your waist changes within a range of sizes to maintain the same fit even if you gain/lose some weight.

Rigid is as it says. It doesn't stretch so if its 36 inches, it's always 36 inches. It's better if you rarely change weight more than a couple pounds or so, but that's not me lol.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
For the record, I will be getting at least one pair of each, so I'm not knocking them.

I'll use the Obsidian a lot for whitetail, and really appreciate that I will have some protection where it's needed most on them. I would compare the new Obsidians to be the complement to the Sawtooth Hybrid Jacket, which is one my favorite pieces.

The new Corrugates will get a lot of use from me, but will be a more dedicated hunting pant than the older versions of the corrugate pants.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know the weight of these, wondering how much extra there is for all the features and extra layered reinforcements.

Ive been thinking about new pants for spring turkey, much like elk temps range from 30-80 I can easily hike 10 miles in everything from wet grass to briers and brush. Been running kanabs for this for years but want something that's more durable and while the wool keeps warm when wet does nothing to shed any moisture and get really heavy making gaiters a must then gaiter gets hot when hiking all day.

I was sitting in the cart before check out close to the sawbucks for this, also consider kuiu katana flex but the inseam is way too long and for turkey I don't care for their camp patterns and birds are the only thing I care what my camo looks like for.

Now I'm wondering if one of these new offerings might be a better fit, replace my favorite pant with a more durable resistant option. I still use the north branch when it's colder so I only want these for warmer temps and I'm not sure if they are going to be too thick and warm for regular temps above say 65 and active.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

All three of the new pant offerings have been fantastic. I used them all this past fall, from August until January with no issues. The zippers on the heavier pairs are awesome for shedding heat while hiking. I used the heavy weight ones in some very nasty winter weather from the Brooks Range, to Kodiak to Ice Fishing in negative temps without a shanty. The mid weight pants were incredible for an Early September sheep hunt and mid September moose hunt. Hopefully they made a few minor changes that I recommended, then they'll be even better.

tam9492

WKR
I have a sheep hunt in Mexico coming up - any reason not to grab a pair of the Obsidians?

ffiivvee

Lil-Rokslider
All three of the new pant offerings have been fantastic. I used them all this past fall, from August until January with no issues. The zippers on the heavier pairs are awesome for shedding heat while hiking. I used the heavy weight ones in some very nasty winter weather from the Brooks Range, to Kodiak to Ice Fishing in negative temps without a shanty. The mid weight pants were incredible for an Early September sheep hunt and mid September moose hunt. Hopefully they made a few minor changes that I recommended, then they'll be even better.

So the foundry corrugates for your September hunts? Those were the ones I was really thinking about getting. I'm in Western NY so my Temps from the start of big game season, October 1st until the end of muzzleloader last week and a half of December now, would they suffice to cover that spread? Pretty much all this season I wore the Sitka Mountain pants as I primarily hunt from a saddle so the built in knee pads are a must. It was really only on a few days that I busted out my Sitka Borreal pants, and those were days I was in a ladder stand.

If the corrugates will cover that temperature spread (with proper layering of course) I will be super happy

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
I really am interested in the new suspender style that is attached to these pants in the photos. It looks like they come over from the sides. instead of front to back. Oh yeah the pants look nice too...Corrugate-Foundry-Side-Profile-PF_590x.jpg