First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

I have a sheep hunt in Mexico coming up - any reason not to grab a pair of the Obsidians?
To be honest, Mexico, Spain, etc.. everything wants to PRICK you. I've worn Obsidians in both places and regretted it after a short hike. Every plant seems to poke through the merino pants very easily and I'll never wear them again in that environment. That said, I've had luck with the original Kanabs in Mexico. They are thicker. Just my opinion...

tam9492

WKR
To be honest, Mexico, Spain, etc.. everything wants to PRICK you. I've worn Obsidians in both places and regretted it after a short hike. Every plant seems to poke through the merino pants very easily and I'll never wear them again in that environment. That said, I've had luck with the original Kanabs in Mexico. They are thicker. Just my opinion...
That was my concern, but I was hoping the Foundry Obsidians would be stout enough.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
These are quickly becoming my favorite pants. They are very versatile, I can wear them from April to early November. I am not a fan of the knee pads and took them out.

These are quickly becoming my favorite pants. They are very versatile, I can wear them from April to early November. I am not a fan of the knee pads and took them out.

I also took the kneepads out because they rode a bit low. I had an easy way to fix that, not sure if they did or not as I haven't got my hands on the final product. I guess we will see. I too love the Foundry line, they are damn nice.

Hiwallman

Lil-Rokslider
Im glad that First Lite is bringing out new products. I will buy a pair of the Foundry pants now that they have longs available as well as back pockets.

Nick or Ryan can you comment on the fit of these pants? I see they run in even waist sizes. True to size or order up or down? I am mostly interested in the corrugate version of the foundrys.

I had 36 in each size and wear a 34 in jeans, they fit great and allowed for some merino long underwear when I needed them without any discomfort. I HATE tight fitting pants and figured a size up would ensure they'd be comfortable.

Cmb213

FNG
How is the lower leg fit? Some of the photos I've seen around other threads make them look awfully tight in the lower leg, very form hugging around the boots.

Those of you who have beta tested these pants, which style would you choose for a late Oct Montana hunt? Temps could be anywhere from single digits to low 50s/high 60s. Leaning toward the corrugates but wasn’t sure if the colder weather ones would be better.

Either way super pumped to get a pair of these. Loved my OG corrugates but having them soak through every time I knelt down or sat in snow was a pain.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
200 dollars for the hot weather pant?! man we are worse than women i will wait til they pop up on SIerra for half off bc their sweatshop couldn't get the sizing right
I understand your point but I wear both of the previous generations of these pants from 95F down to sub zero. Do others not?