First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

I don't get the purpose of the passthrough without netting for taking off base layers.

Undoing belt in one motion without bending over (Kuiu Style), or undoing two long zippers (Foundry & SG style) in two motions.

Am I missing something or is this just flat out more of an inconvenience than how Kuiu does it?

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I don't get the purpose of the passthrough without netting for taking off base layers.

Undoing belt in one motion without bending over (Kuiu Style), or undoing two long zippers (Foundry & SG style) in two motions.

Am I missing something or is this just flat out more of an inconvenience than how Kuiu does it?
Jordan Bubb did a video on each of the pants for the RokSlide YouTube channel. She indicated they did not include netting because it has a tendency to get caught and rip and tear. Trying to reduce issues with the items.

Jordan Bubb did a video on each of the pants for the RokSlide YouTube channel. She indicated they did not include netting because it has a tendency to get caught and rip and tear. Trying to reduce issues with the items.
Interesting, I don't think I've had any of my Kuiu pants netting catch in the 5 years I've worn them.

Is that a common issue?

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I'm also very interested to see the foundry for the catalyst set. I hope they add more than just the side zips. The waterproofing will be nice for sure. Could be perfect for under my bibs in midwinter if they workout right.

j33

WKR
Interesting, I don't think I've had any of my Kuiu pants netting catch in the 5 years I've worn them.

Is that a common issue?
The lack of mesh is a weight/cost savings in my opinion, it's more of a negative the pros they list are pretty irrelevant like you said. Maybe there's a Kuiu patent on it as SG has no mesh either? If the mesh rips on your Kuiu then voila you have a First Lite no mesh design...

twall13

WKR
The lack of mesh is a weight/cost savings in my opinion, it's more of a negative the pros they list are pretty irrelevant like you said. Maybe there's a Kuiu patent on it as SG has no mesh either? If the mesh rips on your Kuiu then voila you have a First Lite no mesh design...
I tend to agree that it's a cost and weight savings measure over anything else. Jordan Budd did mention in her video that the vents are longer on the FL pants than others so that may play into them catching on things where others wouldn't but I highly doubt that is the real reason they weren't added.

SG is a little different in that they intentionally designed all lower layers that way so you have pass through access and venting no matter which/how many of their layers you are using.

Regardless, I don't think it's going to be a huge issue for me to not have the mesh but I guess time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider

Is that a common issue?
Don't know if it's a common issue but I made a small rip in my netting when crossing a barbed wire fence. I still like the netting.

Personally I'd rather see the old corrugate guide pants with a vent added vs a new beefier version.

twall13

WKR
I heard maybe this week. Hoping soon, wanted to try the pants in Specter for Turkey next week.
I'd be surprised if you are able to get your hands on a pair during Turkey season. You may be able to purchase them online soon but it will likely be a preorder that won't ship till June. At least that seems to be how they operate based on releases from years past.

Ten Bears

WKR
I'd be surprised if you are able to get your hands on a pair during Turkey season. You may be able to purchase them online soon but it will likely be a preorder that won't ship till June. At least that seems to be how they operate based on releases from years past.

I directly spoke with First Lite and asked if they would be pre order or available for immediate ship. They said immediate ship and should be this week or next.