First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

Can anyone comment on their warmth or thickness? I've got experience with Sitka Mountain, Kuiu Axis and Attack, Pnuma Waypoint and Tenacity, Kryptek Alaios and Cadog.
Haven’t worn them to judge warmth. I would put the non reinforced areas on par with the attacks aNSW mountain pants for thickness.

I just got my corrugate foundry and expected them to be a bit thicker. I would say less thick (not by a lot) than attack. I tried on some axis a few weeks back and speculate these won’t be as warm as the axis. I actually liked the axis more for warmth and thickness but they didn’t fit well and I hate the pockets, plus they are more $$

The areas of the corrugate that are reinforced feel much thicker than the few spots that are not. I am hoping these cut wind somewhat but am not sure they will.
Super helpful. Thank you Tahoe1305.

Can anyone comment on their warmth or thickness? I've got experience with Sitka Mountain, Kuiu Axis and Attack, Pnuma Waypoint and Tenacity, Kryptek Alaios and Cadog.
Just wore them this morning in 40 degrees 10mph wind and drizzle for 4 hours sitting still for turkey. Had the furnace long johns under. Didnt over heat on the hike in with the side vents open and was never cold during the sit. The knee pads kept my knees so warm. Never knew i needed them before now! They also shed the water really well. Never felt wet.

Just wore them this morning in 40 degrees 10mph wind and drizzle for 4 hours sitting still for turkey. Had the furnace long johns under. Didnt over heat on the hike in with the side vents open and was never cold during the sit. The knee pads kept my knees so warm. Never knew i needed them before now! They also shed the water really well. Never felt wet.
Do you have an idea how they'd do shedding wind? One thing I love about the Sitka Mtn pant is this warmth and they cut the wind fairly well. If they had side vents they'd be perfect imo. I love the side vents on the Attacks but the wind seems to cut straight through them.

Do you have an idea how they'd do shedding wind? One thing I love about the Sitka Mtn pant is this warmth and they cut the wind fairly well. If they had side vents they'd be perfect imo. I love the side vents on the Attacks but the wind seems to cut straight through them.
They cut the wind quite well. I couldnt feel it coming through with the furnace long johns underneath. I tried it this afternoon in 25mph wind gusts with only boxers under and i could feel it a bit on my bare skin.

I spent the weekend taking my gun for a walk, wearing the Foundry Corrugate. Some initial thoughts. I'm 6 feet tall and 172 pounds, I ordered the 32x32 and initially thought they may be a touch tight in the waist, but after two days of hiking they are perfect. For reference my Prana Zions are all 33x32 and while they are super comfy at that size, I always get annoyed on long hikes when the waist keeps sagging too low below the packs waist belt. These didn't do that and stayed comfortably in place with no belt or suspenders for 15 miles. Sitting and stretching was no problem.

The weather ranged from 35 degrees and rain/snow to 48 with some sun, winds were 10mph with gusts on ridge-lines more towards 25mph. The pants stayed comfortable through that entire range. They felt like they cut the wind pretty well, and I never got a chill even in the strongest gusts. They also stayed dry through several hours of steady drizzle rain, walking through brush and sage. The material around the ankles did eventually wet out after an extended period of post holing in wet spring snow, gaiters would have solved that, but didn't bring them on this trip.

The knees appeared to have wet out at one point in the steady rain, but never felt damp inside. The material at the knees did dry in about 15 minutes after the rain stopped. The leg vents are awesome, and I used them quite a bit, even in the low forties, when hiking straight up something steep. They easily kept my legs from overheating or sweating. I appreciate that zipper operation, up and down, is one handed. In a lot of garments with zipper vents, you have to hold the fabric straight with the opposite hand to zip open or closed. With these, I could just reach down and open or close both vents at the same time in one quick motion, zipper is smooth enough to allow this.

Knee pads were great, they never felt cumbersome or in the way, and they were appreciated when getting down to shoot prone, or going on a knee to glass. Felt like they provided more cushion then I would've thought given their weight.

No snags anywhere hiking through willows, sage and brush, no briars encountered. I think these will be my go to pant for temps from 25-60. Below 25 (for a high) and I'd probably wear fleece lined softshells, much above 60 (for long portions of the day) and I'd probably be in stretch zions. I think First Lite made a winner with these. If I didn't cover something, just ask.

I spent the weekend taking my gun for a walk, wearing the Foundry Corrugate. Some initial thoughts. I'm 6 feet tall and 172 pounds, I ordered the 32x32 and initially thought they may be a touch tight in the waist, but after two days of hiking they are perfect. For reference my Prana Zions are all 33x32 and while they are super comfy at that size, I always get annoyed on long hikes when the waist keeps sagging too low below the packs waist belt. These didn't do that and stayed comfortably in place with no belt or suspenders for 15 miles. Sitting and stretching was no problem.

The weather ranged from 35 degrees and rain/snow to 48 with some sun, winds were 10mph with gusts on ridge-lines more towards 25mph. The pants stayed comfortable through that entire range. They felt like they cut the wind pretty well, and I never got a chill even in the strongest gusts. They also stayed dry through several hours of steady drizzle rain, walking through brush and sage. The material around the ankles did eventually wet out after an extended period of post holing in wet spring snow, gaiters would have solved that, but didn't bring them on this trip.

The knees appeared to have wet out at one point in the steady rain, but never felt damp inside. The material at the knees did dry in about 15 minutes after the rain stopped. The leg vents are awesome, and I used them quite a bit, even in the low forties, when hiking straight up something steep. They easily kept my legs from overheating or sweating. I appreciate that zipper operation, up and down, is one handed. In a lot of garments with zipper vents, you have to hold the fabric straight with the opposite hand to zip open or closed. With these, I could just reach down and open or close both vents at the same time in one quick motion, zipper is smooth enough to allow this.

Knee pads were great, they never felt cumbersome or in the way, and they were appreciated when getting down to shoot prone, or going on a knee to glass. Felt like they provided more cushion then I would've thought given their weight.

No snags anywhere hiking through willows, sage and brush, no briars encountered. I think these will be my go to pant for temps from 25-60. Below 25 (for a high) and I'd probably wear fleece lined softshells, much above 60 (for long portions of the day) and I'd probably be in stretch zions. I think First Lite made a winner with these. If I didn't cover something, just ask.
That's a review! Thank you so much zion zig zag!

parshal

WKR
I used them this weekend in Laramie at a rifle match. It was 29 Saturday morning and made it to 51 with 20+ MPH winds. Today was over 60 degrees. I did notice a little wind making it through the pockets when standing sideways to the wind. The kneepads are very nice. I never noticed rocks or anything when kneeling. The waterproof seat was great when I sat on a snow covered rock.

I won't wear any underlayer until it drops below 20. If I'm going to be moving a lot I probably won't wear them either.

I used them this weekend in Laramie at a rifle match. It was 29 Saturday morning and made it to 51 with 20+ MPH winds. Today was over 60 degrees. I did notice a little wind making it through the pockets when standing sideways to the wind. The kneepads are very nice. I never noticed rocks or anything when kneeling. The waterproof seat was great when I sat on a snow covered rock.

I won't wear any underlayer until it drops below 20. If I'm going to be moving a lot I probably won't wear them either.
Thanks Parshal!

ChrisAU

WKR
While I'm somewhat balking at the total weight and thickness vs my Kuiu Kutanas, the hip vents are worlds easier to operate (as many have already mentioned), and the knee pads are awesome. These will find a solid spot in my lineup.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I'm very interested to see what the catalyst set brings this summer. Based on the website description, I would expect the current catalyst with a kneepad, hip vents, waterproof panels and the pocket moved. That being said, I hope they maybe seal the seams inside now too. That would make them an impressive cold weather pant. It would be like a pant version of the old north branch bibs which I still use to this day.

Lowg08

WKR
I took my corrugate foundry out for a spin today. I love these things. Not as loud as I thought they would be. Hip vents are easy. I like the knees and seat. The knee pads are nice just not a fan of anyone’s knee pads. Fit well. Sheds briars and thick veg really well. I’ll be wearing these allot. I’ll check back in when I give the obsidians a spin

fishslap

WKR
12hs of hiking yesterday. Hip vents were great and never realized how much they improve comfort. Durability seemed good but the embroidered logo is shredded, not that it matters. They were noisy at the house but never noticed it in the field. I still feel like the 34x32 are too big but I also ordered 32x32 and they are too tight. I think I’m going to hike in them and sell one pair later. I feel like they loosened up just a bit after hiking.
E1FEAD4B-E388-4460-9762-9F0D267C3BA4.jpeg

12hs of hiking yesterday. Hip vents were great and never realized how much they improve comfort. Durability seemed good but the embroidered logo is shredded, not that it matters. They were noisy at the house but never noticed it in the field. I still feel like the 34x32 are too big but I also ordered 32x32 and they are too tight. I think I’m going to hike in them and sell one pair later. I feel like they loosened up just a bit after hiking.
View attachment 288155
the logo shredding is like first lites trade mark. I swear I rip a hole in atleast 1 brand-new first lite item day one every season lol

NDGuy

WKR
Like the pants but be warned, if you are in between sizes I would size up. There is zero stretch in the waist on these, so they will not break in over time much. I will be returning these for the waist size up.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Got my corrugate foundry and I'm sending mine back. Got them in both 32 and 34s. The 32 I can't even buckle and the 34s feel sloppy on me without a belt or suspenders which drives me insane. I noticed the 34s have a noticably baggier fit than my original medium corrugates do. The sizing is a shame as I really really like them. The kneepads aren't bothersome in the least. And the hip vents and pockets are fantastic. Bummer

Got my corrugate foundry and I'm sending mine back. Got them in both 32 and 34s. The 32 I can't even buckle and the 34s feel sloppy on me without a belt or suspenders which drives me insane. I noticed the 34s have a noticably baggier fit than my original medium corrugates do. The sizing is a shame as I really really like them. The kneepads aren't bothersome in the least. And the hip vents and pockets are fantastic. Bummer
Thanks for this heads up.

fishslap

WKR
Same but I’m going to keep the 34s and try to get a little fatter.