First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

Got my Corrugate Foundry's in on Wednesday, initial 1 mile hike with Kifaru Scout went well. I will note the kneepads got a bit hot at 70º F with a 5MPH breeze, at least without the vents open. Other than that these things are absolutely killer.

I'm a 30 waist -- 30 was way too tight, 32 has a little droop without a belt or suspenders, but not too bad.

The corrugated are getting a lot of well deserved love, but I expected those to be as great as they are. I did not expect to like the obsidians so much. I stayed away from the original because I was worried about ruining them. The foundry is tough, does well enough for me in the water resistance area, and was impressively good for warm days (~65-70) as well as cooler days (40ish). I wore them almost every day chasing turkeys in Missouri and Ohio the past couple of weeks and they are no worse for the wear. I also feel it’s notable that I got them in camo, so if there are small fabric pulls and such, it’s harder to see than solids, so I’d have missed em’.

tjb44

FNG
I’ve got my Corrugate Foundry’s and think they are a huge step up from my Sawbucks and original Corrugates, I’m really curious if anyone has heard anything on the Catalyst Foundrys? I feel like if FL incorporates the same upgrades that they did with the Corrugate foundrys into the Catalyst, they will be my go-to whitetail pant as I already beat the crap out of my original catalysts these past 2 years.

I’ve got my Corrugate Foundry’s and think they are a huge step up from my Sawbucks and original Corrugates, I’m really curious if anyone has heard anything on the Catalyst Foundrys? I feel like if FL incorporates the same upgrades that they did with the Corrugate foundrys into the Catalyst, they will be my go-to whitetail pant as I already beat the crap out of my original catalysts these past 2 years.
Check out the hushin video where they review them, they walk through all three pairs. In my mind the strangest feature of the catalyst is the full zip legs. It makes a lot of sense for puffy pants or bibs but feels unnecessary for a pair of pants that I wouldn’t think you would wear over another pair and seems like it adds the risk of rubbing under a gaiter if hiking in them

tjb44

FNG
Check out the hushin video where they review them, they walk through all three pairs. In my mind the strangest feature of the catalyst is the full zip legs. It makes a lot of sense for puffy pants or bibs but feels unnecessary for a pair of pants that I wouldn’t think you would wear over another pair and seems like it adds the risk of rubbing under a gaiter if hiking in them
Right on I’ll definitely check it out, I hadn’t seen that video yet!

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, that's kind of weird. I think I could probably just stick with my corrugate foundry for walking in and out in late season and throw on puffy or bibs when I get in for whitetail. I was hoping they would replace my north branch bibs but doesn't appear so.

Yeah, that's kind of weird. I think I could probably just stick with my corrugate foundry for walking in and out in late season and throw on puffy or bibs when I get in for whitetail. I was hoping they would replace my north branch bibs but doesn't appear so.
That’s kind of where I’m at. The Corrugates are beefy enough that I think I’d be fine down into some pretty cold temps with those and a base layer while moving and then would just throw on puffy pants when stationary. If I felt like I wanted warmer pants for use when moving I’d probably still gravitate towards the kuiu axis

Spent the last 5 days bear hunting in these so I have a few more thoughts.

The reinforced, flat areas on the hand pockets for your knife are a nice touch, but my knife (Spyderco Paramilitary 2) wouldn't fit. So I cut the little orange bar tack that was holding between the flat spot and the rest of the pocket. I accidentally nicked the pant material about 2mm long, so hopefully that doesn't become a weak spot.

I spent the good part of one day glassing from a knob in gusty winds, at about 40 degrees. I kept thinking that I could occasionally feel the wind blowing through the leg vent zippers that were closed. But I finally realized that I was actually feeling the wind through the hand pocket, since the backer is mesh. I may have this worse by cutting that bar tack and allowing a larger opening? It wasn't a big deal in those temps and only occasionally noticeable.

sndmn11

WKR
Spent the last 5 days bear hunting in these so I have a few more thoughts.

The reinforced, flat areas on the hand pockets for your knife are a nice touch, but my knife (Spyderco Paramilitary 2) wouldn't fit. So I cut the little orange bar tack that was holding between the flat spot and the rest of the pocket. I accidentally nicked the pant material about 2mm long, so hopefully that doesn't become a weak spot.

I spent the good part of one day glassing from a knob in gusty winds, at about 40 degrees. I kept thinking that I could occasionally feel the wind blowing through the leg vent zippers that were closed. But I finally realized that I was actually feeling the wind through the hand pocket, since the backer is mesh. I may have this worse by cutting that bar tack and allowing a larger opening? It wasn't a big deal in those temps and only occasionally noticeable.

Just put a glove or something in the pockets if you have the wind sneaking in.

Appreciate folks weighing in on the new waist sizing. As I try and exit Rona weight gainville, I’m likely gonna be stuck between sizes and not sure I want to spend the dough on something that appears to offer less flexibility in the ol fat zone.

92xj

WKR
Are all the foundry mesh knee pads pockets open at the bottom for the pad to slide out with gravity while wearing them, or did I just get the one upside down stitched pair?

Lowg08

WKR
Are all the foundry mesh knee pads pockets open at the bottom for the pad to slide out with gravity while wearing them, or did I just get the one upside down stitched pair?
I’ll have to look.

twall13

WKR
Mine has the opening at the bottom but I've had zero issues with the pads slipping. In fact I had to work at it a bit to get them back in when I took them out. I actually prefer them being wide open to the velcro closure my Sitka Timberlines use. That said, I'm not sure what the reasoning for having the opening on the bottom vs. the top is but it hasn't been a problem for me so I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Odd, I just tried on my catalyst and within a few minutes of walking around the house the pads were hanging an inch or more out of the mesh pocket.

twall13

WKR
Odd, I just tried on my catalyst and within a few minutes of walking around the house the pads were hanging an inch or more out of the mesh pocket.
My only experience is with the Corrugate Foundary but I did a 5 day elk hunt with over 50 miles in them and never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oyeah914

FNG
C11A651C-9D98-47EB-B13B-1AF17785634F.jpegThe opening is at the bottom but the gap to get the pad out is tight on mine. Unless I reach in and fold the pad that’s as far as it will come out.

ezwy

FNG
So I am about 5' 5". If i get a pair of these in a 32 " inseam are the knee pads going to be down on my shins?