First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

Rodéo

WKR
I am curious what the weight is without the knee pads and suspenders? It didn't effect my decision to buy them, but the 27oz listed for their weight caught my attention and I chalked that up to being the suspenders and knee pads.
Mine arrive Friday.
Looking for a weight on them with or without suspenders/knee guards. That weight scared me off, but if it includes ~7oz of suspenders/knee guards then I think it's pretty good.
Here are the weight specs for my 32x32 (measured with kitchen scale):

From the factory (with kneepads and suspenders): 26.03 oz
Kneepads removed: 24.94 oz
Kneepads and suspenders removed: 22.05 oz

Kneepads weigh 1.13 oz
Suspenders weigh 2.98 oz

Oyeah914

FNG
If you click on the YouTube link for Do It Then Outdoors the weight has been included in the description

sndmn11

WKR
Here are the weight specs for my 32x32 (measured with kitchen scale):

From the factory (with kneepads and suspenders): 26.03 oz
Kneepads removed: 24.94 oz
Kneepads and suspenders removed: 22.05 oz

Kneepads weigh 1.13 oz
Suspenders weigh 2.98 oz

Mine showed up as I was reading your reply. These rock! I don't feel like they are heavy in the least even though on paper that 27oz number comes off as cumbersome.

Rodéo

WKR
Agreed. They feel lighter and more flexible than my kuiu pro's which they'll be replacing. Plus I've been loving the pocket layout so far. That's a big gripe I have with kuiu pants. @sndmn11

edit: just looked up kuiu pro pants weight and they weigh 19 oz. Crazy how much better these FL's fit and feel even though kuiu pro's are lighter.

Agreed. They feel lighter and more flexible than my kuiu pro's which they'll be replacing.

How do you like the kneepads compared to the pro's? Have you walked around in them at all yet?

I do love my Pro's welded knee pad, I personally have never noticed it when on the move. It's my only concern with these Foundry's...

Ordered a pair of the Corrugates. Just want to post on sizing. I am 5'10 165lbs normally wear a 32 jean if they have some stretch. I got them 34x32 and they fit more like a 33. I have room for the furnace long johns and the ability to tuck in my kiln hoodie without it being too tight. They actually are perfect for me as I was worried the 34 would be too big and the 32 too small. Overall a pretty perfect pant in my opinion. Just for reference I wear a medium in the original corrugates and catalyst pants.

parshal

WKR
I got a pair today, too. 34" is what I wear in jeans and these are almost identical.

I do feel the knee pads more than in the Pros. They feel like they weigh a lot until you put them on. Then they don't feel heavy at all.

fishslap

WKR
Ordered a pair of the Corrugates. Just want to post on sizing. I am 5'10 165lbs normally wear a 32 jean if they have some stretch. I got them 34x32 and they fit more like a 33. I have room for the furnace long johns and the ability to tuck in my kiln hoodie without it being too tight. They actually are perfect for me as I was worried the 34 would be too big and the 32 too small. Overall a pretty perfect pant in my opinion. Just for reference I wear a medium in the original corrugates and catalyst pants.
Interesting. I’m 5’10” 185 and I just got the 34x32 and they feel a bit big. FL said the 32s might work based on my size so I’m going to try them and decide which ones to keep. I normally wear 33s and my old obsidians are medium.

Rodéo

WKR
How do you like the kneepads compared to the pro's? Have you walked around in them at all yet?

I do love my Pro's welded knee pad, I personally have never noticed it when on the move. It's my only concern with these Foundry's...
The benefit of the welded kneepads on the pro's for me is that I don't notice them when on the move but I do notice them when stationary. I had a chance to hike around my 3D archery range a bit today in the foundry's and they have a bit of a different feel than the pros.

In the foundry, they are noticeable for sure and it was a hot day today so I experienced some hot spots after a mile or so of walking/hiking with my bow. On hot days like today I'll be removing the kneepads on the foundry's. A big gripe I have with the pro's is that the kneepads aren't removable. I feel that the kneepads on the pros are a bit harder/stiffer/less form-fitting than the FL kneepads, and the FL kneepads seem to have a bit more cushion, but that's also probably what makes them feel hotter on days like today when it's hot out. Hope that made some sense.

I am 5' 10" and 165 lbs. I wear mediums in all pants with FL. 32x32 fits like my mediums and can easily layer underneath. I even asked their customer serivce "which was most like the mediums?", and i was suggested 32x32.

fishslap

WKR
I am 5' 10" and 165 lbs. I wear mediums in all pants with FL. 32x32 fits like my mediums and can easily layer underneath. I even asked their customer serivce "which was most like the mediums?", and i was suggested 32x32.
That’s what they said after I called to discuss an exchange. Should have called them first.
I have old fuse long johns that are large and fit great, but the kiln full length zip offs seem slightly bigger (and I realize full length zip offs are a bad idea). Returning them for boot top and not sure if I should stay with large or drop to medium.

Interesting. I’m 5’10” 185 and I just got the 34x32 and they feel a bit big. FL said the 32s might work based on my size so I’m going to try them and decide which ones to keep. I normally wear 33s and my old obsidians are medium.
That really surprises me. Had to check if I actually received 34's. I did. Im guessing the ones I got just must be a smaller. Kinda worries me that if I order another pair theyre going to be too big.

My corrugate foundry pants showed up today. Overall very impressed. These are what I hoped the KUIU Pros would be, a feature rich pant not as heavy or bulky as the Sitka Timberline. I can see them replacing my Pros and Timberlines for hard use pants.

Other quick impressions:

+ Well built
+ Nice design touches like reinforcing the pockets where i having a knife. Mesh back pocket liners for drainage and ventilation. etc.
+ Pockest are the same design I like on my obsidians but placed forward to accommodate vents
+ Vents look like they will do the trick, no mesh liner to snag

- My knees pads shifted/twisted outward a bit on the first fitting. need to wear them a little but it could be an issue if they aren't in the right spot when I kneel
- I am gonna miss the stretch back waist from a comfort standpoint. See not on sizing below
- The lower legs are the same fabric as the upper portion. If I was king for a day, I would have made at least the front fo the lower leg out of the reinforced, water resistant material used for the knees and seat. Maybe the whole lower leg. Less quiet but more durable. This is the area that has the most picks and pulls on my original corrugate pants.
- Not really a negative but I tend to wear my FL pants for everyday. These are like the sitka timberlines with knee pads and reinforcements and would look a little silly in a store.

Sizing - I am 6'3" #250. I lift a bit. I wear size 38 jeans in most brands, but I go up to 40 in some casual cloths to get room for my ass and thighs. All my older First light bottoms were XL and XLT. I bought a pair of obsidians last year and had to go XXL to enough leg and ass room. I went to 42" on the foundry pants. The waist is baggy but everything else seems to work. I will try them on again and see if I want to order a set of 40s and go with the one that fits better. As I said above, I will miss the elastic waistband if FL goes away from it entirely. I think it was a great way to achieve fit and comfort while accommodating my fluctuating weight and layers over the years.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
That really surprises me. Had to check if I actually received 34's. I did. Im guessing the ones I got just must be a smaller. Kinda worries me that if I order another pair theyre going to be too big.
I wear 34 jeans and the sawbucks in 34's and the new foundary series pants, both Obsidians and Corrugates fit the same as those.

HODL

FNG
Unfortunately bought some sawbucks just before these came out. I'll have to put it in my pants budget for next year.

Ten Bears

WKR
I just got my Foundry Obsidians. Good and bad for me.

I am 6ft 165lbs. Typically wear the Medium in the normal Obsidians. These are definitely longer (32x32) and a lot baggier than last years Obsidians. Also the nylon material doesn’t shed wind/cold like the wool blend. That’s to be expected though. Not sure how much more durable these will be as the nylon while stretchy seems thin. Gonna be a great warm weather/early season pant temp wise.

I am going to keep them and take them to the tailor. Glad I didn’t buy more than one pair though.

Side note. I did also purchase a grid fleece top in the new Specter. While I didn’t care for the top (overpriced and boxy fit), the camo pattern looked nice to my non ungulate eyes.

Can anyone comment on their warmth or thickness? I've got experience with Sitka Mountain, Kuiu Axis and Attack, Pnuma Waypoint and Tenacity, Kryptek Alaios and Cadog.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can anyone comment on their warmth or thickness? I've got experience with Sitka Mountain, Kuiu Axis and Attack, Pnuma Waypoint and Tenacity, Kryptek Alaios and Cadog.
I just got my corrugate foundry and expected them to be a bit thicker. I would say less thick (not by a lot) than attack. I tried on some axis a few weeks back and speculate these won’t be as warm as the axis. I actually liked the axis more for warmth and thickness but they didn’t fit well and I hate the pockets, plus they are more $$

The areas of the corrugate that are reinforced feel much thicker than the few spots that are not. I am hoping these cut wind somewhat but am not sure they will.