First Lite 2021 Lineup-Foundry pants?

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
How is the fit through the legs on the corrugate foundry? I'm 5'11" 175, actually a 29" waist but have disproportionately thick legs. Wear 32x32 in pretty much everything (kuhl, prana, vertx) and all are still tight on the thighs. Hoping to be able to layer under these for later season whitetail hunts. If I go 32x32 in the foundry, can I reasonably expect to be able to fit a grid fleece bottom and puffy pants under?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
Im not sure about puffy pants. I can put a wool base and fleece mid under mine. I can go home this evening and try the puffy under mine if it will help.

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Im not sure about puffy pants. I can put a wool base and fleece mid under mine. I can go home this evening and try the puffy under mine if it will help.
Yeah I would appreciate that if you don't mind. Maybe I'd have to move up to the catalyst foundry but I don't feel like I need that heavy of a pant for the Temps I hunt and my layering system. How would you compare the thickness of the corrugate to stretch zion?

Yeah I would appreciate that if you don't mind. Maybe I'd have to move up to the catalyst foundry but I don't feel like I need that heavy of a pant for the Temps I hunt and my layering system. How would you compare the thickness of the corrugate to stretch zion?

If you need to wear grid fleece and puffy pants under the corrugate, you definitely need to move up to the foundry. I can't imagine ever wearing puffy pants under my outer layer.

As far as corrugate vs stretch zion, the corrugate is thicker, I'm not sure how to quantify by how much.

Lowg08

WKR
I will confirm the corrugate in my opinion is quite a bit thicker than the Prana. I have the catalyst foundry on the way so I’ll can just put a heavier base on then puffy over that. I will try it though.

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
If you need to wear grid fleece and puffy pants under the corrugate, you definitely need to move up to the foundry. I can't imagine ever wearing puffy pants under my outer layer.

As far as corrugate vs stretch zion, the corrugate is thicker, I'm not sure how to quantify by how much.
Just to clarify, you meant stepping up yo the catalyst foundry or just the foundry version of the corrugate?

Im primarily a public land whitetail hunter with long hikes in packing a stand and sticks. So I like to be able to hike in with a lighter pair and then throw puffy pants on once stationary. Haven't found puffy pants quiet enough for whitetails in stick bow range.

I also tend to run hot in the lower half and tend to hate thick or fleece backed soft shell pants. That combo has been my current lower layering for the last 3 seasons with Temps in the teens and occasional single digits.

Lowg08

WKR

Well I am surprised. I just went and put on kiln bottoms, uncompahgre puffy pants under my corrugate foundry. It was surprisingly comfortable and not bunched up. I may very well send the catalyst back lol.

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Well I am surprised. I just went and put on kiln bottoms, uncompahgre puffy pants under my corrugate foundry. It was surprisingly comfortable and not bunched up. I may very well send the catalyst back lol.
Awesome, that's good to hear. Did you order your normal pant size?

Lowg08

WKR
Awesome, that's good to hear. Did you order your normal pant size?

Yes I did. I have 36/35 corrugate foundry, XL uncompahgre, XL kiln. Our last 3 or four weeks of hunting season is in December and archery buck only. So it may help me out.

OP
Warren

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
Are all the foundry mesh knee pads pockets open at the bottom for the pad to slide out with gravity while wearing them, or did I just get the one upside down stitched pair?
I bought them as well and noticed nothing holds them in - thinking about ironing in a hook & loop patch so that it stays put. Seems odd they didn't do that.

OP
Warren

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I put knee pads from my CRYE PRECISION pants in them, they wrap the knee more. The hook/loop helped also!

Just to clarify, you meant stepping up yo the catalyst foundry or just the foundry version of the corrugate?

Im primarily a public land whitetail hunter with long hikes in packing a stand and sticks. So I like to be able to hike in with a lighter pair and then throw puffy pants on once stationary. Haven't found puffy pants quiet enough for whitetails in stick bow range.

I also tend to run hot in the lower half and tend to hate thick or fleece backed soft shell pants. That combo has been my current lower layering for the last 3 seasons with Temps in the teens and occasional single digits.

Sorry meant the catalyst.

Yeah, your use is so much different than mine its hard for me to relate. I didn't consider the whitetail stand.