First Lite 2021

twall13

WKR
I just purchased some Corrugate Foundary's and feel like the inseam is about an inch short for me. Anyone know if the knee pad placement will change much if I go up to the 35" inseam and get them hemmed? I'll probably give First Lite a call but thought I'd check here first .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From the looks of yesterday's release, you might as well make the for sale post. Pretty bummed about it but maybe we will get surprised.
I know, I was thinking about it this morning. I may keep it around for my buddy from FL but it will likely end up in the classifieds.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I know, I was thinking about it this morning. I may keep it around for my buddy from FL but it will likely end up in the classifieds.

My only caution on the stratus/fanatic system from when I tried them. They suck in the rain. They have DWR but where I hunt it can get sudden rainshowers in the fall. Anytime it rained, I would be soaked from head to toe and weigh an extra 20 pounds. The brushed face collects a lot of water.

Not advocating staying with First Lite if it doesn't meet your needs, but I would seriously consider the coldfront, blizzard or incinerator set over the stratus or fanatic.

My only caution on the stratus/fanatic system from when I tried them. They suck in the rain. They have DWR but where I hunt it can get sudden rainshowers in the fall. Anytime it rained, I would be soaked from head to toe and weigh an extra 20 pounds. The brushed face collects a lot of water.

Not advocating staying with First Lite if it doesn't meet your needs, but I would seriously consider the coldfront, blizzard or incinerator set over the stratus or fanatic.
I was also looking at the incinerator, thanks for the heads up!

I noticed they have the Solitude bibs only in Spectre now, and are not yet available. I am not thrilled with the direction FL is going with whitetail stuff.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I was also looking at the incinerator, thanks for the heads up!
FWIW, I concede I'm a bit of a FL fanboy (and recovering as being same for Sitka and Kuiu). But my go-to outer pieces for when it's cold AF are the Incinerator jacket and Fanatic bibs.

FWIW, I concede I'm a bit of a FL fanboy (and recovering as being same for Sitka and Kuiu). But my go-to outer pieces for when it's cold AF are the Incinerator jacket and Fanatic bibs.
I would also consider myself a fanboy LOL but its hard not to when you get a discount for them. I will most likely purchase either the Fanatic or Incinerator for late MN seasons.

I did have a customer service rep get back to me about the windstopping stuff and said "This is something we are in the process of developing" ... so yeah, not likely itll be out by Fall '21 (i've had them tell me this for over a year now).

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I did have a customer service rep get back to me about the windstopping stuff and said "This is something we are in the process of developing" ... so yeah, not likely itll be out by Fall '21 (i've had them tell me this for over a year now).
They've brought in 2 former Sitka guys to be their whitetail guys, so I would guess they are pressing them on it. And Sturgis new property is in central MN, and previously he hunted a ton of WI and MI, so I assume he will be asking those questions.

As somewhat of a FL fanboy I guess, run my late season whitetail set as a combination base layer, uncompahgre puffy pants I put on at the stand and north branch bibs. I've never been cold down to below 0 and the north branch are windproof and very water resistant. I wish they never got rid of them. Up top I go either solitude or sanctuary. That's worked for me and I've sat in some pretty windy conditions.

The fanatic was nice when you put it on, I just didn't like it in wet conditions.

FL just introduce their Sanctuary 2.0 with a windproof membrane i will be grabbing when available

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
FL just introduce their Sanctuary 2.0 with a windproof membrane i will be grabbing when available
Same, the kitlink added to the sanctuary and the bibs being able to full zip have me back on board ha. That will allow me to walk out in just corrugates or catalyst pants and throw over bibs when I get to my destination. Great news.

apparently they have had the poly membrane in the previous sanctuary set. anyone know if that "windproof" barrier actually worked?

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
apparently they have had the poly membrane in the previous sanctuary set. anyone know if that "windproof" barrier actually worked?
I've used the sanctuary for 3 years and never felt wind. I'm more after the kitlink and the full zip bibs. I wasnt worried about warmth :)

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
So let down by the solitude not having improved weather stopping ability. Even moreso for clearing out all of my like new asat FL gear to start over with the new tech which appears solely to be a washed out version of their regular camo pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
If the question was for me; I expected them to catch up with everyone else having a wind barrier. The idea the only tweak was to add kit link zippers and the Nat Gear x FL offspring Specter camo was not impressive. Heck- they did it with the sanctuary; why not the solitude? Prices went up but features did not. Let me guess; Covid?

I like their stuff and own lots of camo. I am at the stage of I’ll pay but the cost benefit better be there. If it’s not- I’ll bich about it. These folks (in gen) are making a killing on things assembled outside of the US. I’ve had quality issues (loose threads, missed stitching), sizing (anyone try the sawbuck brush pants) and durability (obsidian and rain gear) w FL and others. It’s cute folks jack prices and then donate to things we love for their own gains but I’d like a quality product at a quality price. Again- not just a FL rant here- it seems if some real world blue collar whitetail guys designed this stuff it would make more sense than Birkenstock or Creottine crowds who are polarized fanboys on top of it all.

…. Forgive the rant.

Rick653

FNG
I will probably pick up the solitude set and put it through a northern Ohio winter. I'll have to keep you guys posted on how it does