First Lite 2021

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I loved my solitude set for hunting here in PA. I've hunted with it from the 30's to single digits with proper layering. It's durable, quiet and I have not had one issues with the set at all. It's about the perfect set up until its gets nasty cold below zero.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I loved my solitude set for hunting here in PA. I've hunted with it from the 30's to single digits with proper layering. It's durable, quiet and I have not had one issues with the set at all. It's about the perfect set up until its gets nasty cold below zero.
Feel the exact same and also from PA, solitude is a great set

Richieber

FNG
I'm a NY guy and I'm in the same boat, loved this set. Perfect for cold weather archery and I even used for most of gun season even though I had to layer up in real cold weather. It's probably not best suited for extreme cold which is why they make the Sanctuary, but it's a versatile suit.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider

They just dropped the Catalyst Foundry pants.

My initial impression: I like them but I fail to see the reason for full length side zips on your primary pants. It's not like they're rain pants you'd take on and off depending on the weather. Seems like unnecessary weight to me.

twall13

WKR
I just purchased some Corrugate Foundary's and feel like the inseam is about an inch short for me. Anyone know if the knee pad placement will change much if I go up to the 35" inseam and get them hemmed? I'll probably give First Lite a call but thought I'd check here first .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just an update here, I contacted First Lite and they said the length only changes below the knee for the longer inseam pants. With that info. I made the exchange and I'm much happier with the fit of the 32x35's. That said, if you truly need a 35" inseam I think you'll be sorely disappointed in the length on the Corrugate Foundary. I feel like at most they are a 33" inseam. That works for me but I was expecting to hem them so it may not work for others expecting a true 35" inseam.

I thought First Lite was dialing in their fit, but it still appears to be all over the board. The 32x32 Sawbuck pants have a similar inseam to the 32x35 Corrugate Foundary pants.

They just dropped the Catalyst Foundry pants.

My initial impression: I like them but I fail to see the reason for full length side zips on your primary pants. It's not like they're rain pants you'd take on and off depending on the weather. Seems like unnecessary weight to me.
I wanted to see these compatible with the whitetail system. I wish the new jacket came in fusion or the foundary came in spectre

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Just an update here, I contacted First Lite and they said the length only changes below the knee for the longer inseam pants. With that info. I made the exchange and I'm much happier with the fit of the 32x35's. That said, if you truly need a 35" inseam I think you'll be sorely disappointed in the length on the Corrugate Foundary. I feel like at most they are a 33" inseam. That works for me but I was expecting to hem them so it may not work for others expecting a true 35" inseam.

I thought First Lite was dialing in their fit, but it still appears to be all over the board. The 32x32 Sawbuck pants have a similar inseam to the 32x35 Corrugate Foundary pants.

Do they have the same off sized thigh portion or are they closer to what the waist size is ? Posed as my sawbucks make me feel like I’m wearing MC Hammer pants despite having big quads.

Doesn’t seem to be whitetail wear for me … despite having a whitetail specific designer their collection seems anything but dialed in for that application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Do they have the same off sized thigh portion or are they closer to what the waist size is ? Posed as my sawbucks make me feel like I’m wearing MC Hammer pants despite having big quads.

I have to say I'm actually a fan of their larger thigh measurement and tapered leg. It makes layering a breeze and ensures no binding when squatting, crawling, etc.

twall13

WKR

Doesn’t seem to be whitetail wear for me … despite having a whitetail specific designer their collection seems anything but dialed in for that application.

I'll have to compare them closer tonight as I just threw them on quickly last night to check the length and didn't pay much attention to the thighs.

H80Hunter

WKR
They didn’t reinvent the wheel but I am an unapologetic fanboy and my blaze orange, “sized up to fit over my sanctuary or fanatic jacket” catalyst vest came today and I like it a lot. Necessary? No. But it’s a nice piece for gun season here.

That's disappointing. The lack of long options in the regular catalyst is why I held out hope for these. Just out of curiosity how would you have hemmed these with the leg zipper going down to the cuff?

twall13

WKR
I was talking about the Corrugate Foundary, not the Catalyst. With the Corrugate the zippers only go to the knee area.

twall13

WKR

Sorry for the slow response, I remembered I hadn't gotten back to you on this and compared the two last night. At least in a size 32 waist, the thighs seemed similar to me between the Sawbuck and Corrugate Foundary. That said, I don't feel like I have huge thighs/quads and they don't feel that big to me. They aren't skinny jean tight but not MC Hammer baggy either. I'd assume as the waist size increases they increase the thigh sizing on the pants as well but I don't know that for sure. What size waist are your Sawbucks?

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the slow response, I remembered I hadn't gotten back to you on this and compared the two last night. At least in a size 32 waist, the thighs seemed similar to me between the Sawbuck and Corrugate Foundary. That said, I don't feel like I have huge thighs/quads and they don't feel that big to me. They aren't skinny jean tight but not MC Hammer baggy either. I'd assume as the waist size increases they increase the thigh sizing on the pants as well but I don't know that for sure. What size waist are your Sawbucks?

Either 33 or 34. I mean they’re ridiculous- like a seamstress took 44s and just cut top and sewed it to the waist measurement. Just so aggravating knowing they’re some of the priciest brush pants out there. Can’t help but think to a certain degree they leave the legs and inseams and truly just adjust the waists.

That being said- I love the fit of medium corrugates and others. No issues with any other piece than the saw bucks for fit (and the sanctuary mediums I bumped up to a large as they ran small).

Thanks for checking and getting back to us.