First Lite 2021

Tower

FNG
5643c4439c324555f3161af4681fc7dc.jpg
Are the current Guides on the left? I can't really tell. The new ones being teased on the right seem to be much more of the skinny jean fit. I sure like the new features being tossed around but hope they don't make the fit too snug. Can't wait to see them and try a few pairs, regardless.

Last edited:

barrister

WKR
I want to get the Catalyst vest, but its reported lack of any wind-stopping ability has me on hold. Has anyone heard any rumblings of FirstLite coming out with something comparable to the Sitka Jetstream or Mountain Vest when it comes to windproofing? I suppose if you disagree with the reviews I have read about the Catalyst not being very effective in the wind, I would like to hear that also.

I want to get the Catalyst vest, but its reported lack of any wind-stopping ability has me on hold. Has anyone heard any rumblings of FirstLite coming out with something comparable to the Sitka Jetstream or Mountain Vest when it comes to windproofing? I suppose if you disagree with the reviews I have read about the Catalyst not being very effective in the wind, I would like to hear that also.
Not the vest, but I have a catalyst jacket and a jet stream. Catalyst is lighter and breathes better. Jet stream is heavy and more windproof. If I only had one, I would keep the jetstream. I am a big fan of firstlite gear but windproofness is one area where they are comparatively weak in terms of performance.

Man I’d love if they came out with a brooks down pant...anyone heard of something like that in the works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Man I’d love if they came out with a brooks down pant...anyone heard of something like that in the works?

The uncompahgre pants were my favorite investment last year.

I wore them deer hunting in northern Minnesota a lot. I never wore them out, would just toss them on in stand or if I got a chill once I got to stand. I assume you would just use them for the same purpose glassing. If wearing a bib style pant, they easily fit under (I used north branch bibs for WT) and can really function as a full heavy cold setup when stationary. I sewed suspender loops onto them since they didn't have a belt loop.

I don't like the cargo pockets on the front of the pants. But I don't think they are floppy or overly large.

I have two different pants. I notice the pockets more on the thicker pants(winter pants) Than I do on the thinner pants.
Ryan - what's the noise level like on the thinner pants? I have a pair of their guide lites and they're super light but pretty dang swishy - not sure if you've tried the guide lites to be able to compare

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Ryan - what's the noise level like on the thinner pants? I have a pair of their guide lites and they're super light but pretty dang swishy - not sure if you've tried the guide lites to be able to compare
how much time have you put on your guide lites? I can't speak from experience but I have several pairs of the corrugate guides that were, as you say, pretty dang swishy when I got them and now are pretty dead silent now.

how much time have you put on your guide lites? I can't speak from experience but I have several pairs of the corrugate guides that were, as you say, pretty dang swishy when I got them and now are pretty dead silent now.
They're brand new because i wasn't sure whether they'd soften over time and wanted to reserve the ability to return them

The uncompahgre pants were my favorite investment last year.

I wore them deer hunting in northern Minnesota a lot. I never wore them out, would just toss them on in stand or if I got a chill once I got to stand. I assume you would just use them for the same purpose glassing. If wearing a bib style pant, they easily fit under (I used north branch bibs for WT) and can really function as a full heavy cold setup when stationary. I sewed suspender loops onto them since they didn't have a belt loop.

Thanks I’ve had my eyes on those, the Grumman pants from SG and a few others. Goosefeet gear makes a very light customizable down pant that I’m also considering but don’t like the idea of sitting on rough terrain in them, even with a butt pad. Thanks for the breakdown on the Uncompahgres though, definitly high on my list

Just commented on Janis Putelis' last intagram post about the kneepad pants he was wearing. He says "First Lite product testing. you'll know more soon." but we already knew that.

Hondo

WKR
Nothing on the website about the Foundry Collection as of yet. Interesting that the ad contains no mention of the Guide Lite pants just the Obsidian, Corrugate and Catalyst. Perhaps it will be phased out.

Heard that they printed up the new catalogue but had too do a reshoot. Some of the photos of Ole Cal were just too damn sexy And distracted from the sales message. That guy is one serious sexual 🦖🦖🦖.