First Lite 2021

nnkboykin

FNG
Since there are so many first lite guys in this thread I'd figured I'd ask a question of you guys.
I have a lot of FL pants, Catalyst, Obsidian, Corrigate Guides. and I can never seem to get them to fit just right either in the waist or length. I always have to get them adjusted by a seamstress. Not a big deal but wanted to see what you guys have experienced and what you recommend.
For reference by jeans size. is 35waist and 31 length. Im in between normal sizes I know. But given my dimensions would you all recommend Medium or Large in FL pants? I've always ordered Larges fearing A medium would be too tight. Thoughts?
TIA

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Since there are so many first lite guys in this thread I'd figured I'd ask a question of you guys.
I have a lot of FL pants, Catalyst, Obsidian, Corrigate Guides. and I can never seem to get them to fit just right either in the waist or length. I always have to get them adjusted by a seamstress. Not a big deal but wanted to see what you guys have experienced and what you recommend.
For reference by jeans size. is 35waist and 31 length. Im in between normal sizes I know. But given my dimensions would you all recommend Medium or Large in FL pants? I've always ordered Larges fearing A medium would be too tight. Thoughts?
TIA
I've found finding pants in general as a guy is the chase of a lifetime. No matter where I get them, there is always something I would change for the perfect fit. I generally give on length. I don't care if they are a little long, so long as they are comfortable through the waist and (thick) thighs. I like them to fit snug to my calves, especially for hunting. This is true of all my Sitka, Prana, Kuiu and Eddie Bauer pants as well.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I am 36"W x 31"L and I've found I have to have my FL pants like the Sawbuck hemmed. Obsidian fit well.

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I find the pants too long as well and at 36 in waist ive been in between sizes with them. larges fall off me and medium are a bit snug. The larges are stupid long as well. Kuiu has the market for pants IMO with offering short inseams. The attack pants are legit. I love FL but they need help with pants for sure. and a wind layer! lol

Arwhite90

FNG
A more durable Obsidian sounds pretty awesome, I love mine, but I find myself not using them as much as I would because I'm scared I will rip them up, and they aren't cheap. Which brings me to my next point, I'm scared to see how much they are going to hike the price on these new "durable" pants, if they're keeping the old ones around. A $250 obsidian is going to price me right out of the First lite game...

A more durable Obsidian sounds pretty awesome, I love mine, but I find myself not using them as much as I would because I'm scared I will rip them up, and they aren't cheap. Which brings me to my next point, I'm scared to see how much they are going to hike the price on these new "durable" pants, if they're keeping the old ones around. A $250 obsidian is going to price me right out of the First lite game...
I feel you, that's gonna be tough for me. I guess I should start taking it easy on the pair of obsidians I have, but just can't do it, they're too perfect. Now I'd like to give the catalyst or corrugates a shot. Also I need a jacket, so as long as the prices don't jump too high I'll def be buying solitude or catalyst day one. Sucks that I won't be able to wear it until about six months later, but oh well.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I feel you, that's gonna be tough for me. I guess I should start taking it easy on the pair of obsidians I have, but just can't do it, they're too perfect. Now I'd like to give the catalyst or corrugates a shot. Also I need a jacket, so as long as the prices don't jump too high I'll def be buying solitude or catalyst day one. Sucks that I won't be able to wear it until about six months later, but oh well.
Corrugate is their best pant with the least drawbacks in my opinion. I wear a pair daily in every weather condition and they are rock solid. I love the obsidians, but I reach for corrugates in lieu of them for anything where I may risk the obsidian pants being damaged.

sndmn11

WKR
TIA

Medium unless you have some catcher's thighs for the corrugates.

Lets see Meateater's bought first lite, FHF, Phelps maybe ASAT's next. Wouldn't that be neat.

Also does anyone know if the new pants are going to have actual waist sizes?