First Lite annoyance

I swear, I could retire on the money that First Lite has missed out on. EVERY year they are sold out of everything in large and medium that I want. They can't blame it on covid, because it is ALWAYS like this. I've been trying to buy an XL brooks down jacket in conifer for a retarded amount of money for 2 years. Someone relay the message that they need to cool it with the quadruple X and XXS crap and start putting out more of the obvious popular sizes and colors.

I've been trying to buy a Sanctuary jacket since December. I realize they're growing but it's a shame.

OP
C
Doesn't seem like its rocket science to add more of the stuff that is constantly sold out. It's the same with action and barrel manufacturers. If you have a 38 week lead time, its time to start a 2nd and 3rd shift until you're caught up... let's get it freaking going.
I've been trying to buy a Sanctuary jacket since December. I realize they're growing but it's a shame.

It will all be back in stock by august. All the hunting brands restock only once maybe twice a year. Costs a lot of money to shop a half full storage container Vice a full.

OP
C
I get that, but if you're consistently selling out of a bunch of particular sizes and colors every year straight out of the gate, you should be supplying more of that... you're losing money if you don't and also forcing your customers to look at competitor options. First lite is awesome stuff and I have a good bit of it, but I'm seriously frustrated with the way they do business.

It will all be back in stock by august. All the hunting brands restock only once maybe twice a year. Costs a lot of money to shop a half full storage container Vice a full.
I wish they'd have told me that to begin with. Back in January I was told it would be in stock in mid March.

Right, but some are managing their problems better.
I have some good buddies at the local archery shop and they said the meat eater buy out of Phelps has caused a big problem.
There are getting there product from Jason but meateater wants the billing a certain way and they couldn't hardly pay there bill.

OP
C
Whatever the is
I have some good buddies at the local archery shop and they said the meat eater buy out of Phelps has caused a big problem.
There are getting there product from Jason but meateater wants the billing a certain way and they couldn't hardly pay there bill.
whatever the issue is, its been the issue for several years now. It's not covid, it's not china, it's piss poor business planning.

Whatever the is

whatever the issue is, its been the issue for several years now. It's not covid, it's not china, it's piss poor business planning.
Well buy a different brand man.
I've only paid full price for 1 piece of firstlite.
I wouldn't touch the stuff if I didn't find deal on it.

There sizing on pants sucks. It took them a decade to catch up on hip vents, they don't offer talls, no wind stopper.

Pretty sure you can get the same or better product somewhere else.

Don't buy firstlite because hushin and born and raised wear it.

whaack

WKR
Whatever the is

Agreed. I’ve entertained switching a number of pieces from Sitka to FL and I’ve given up cause they never have my size in stock. I’m a LG and 34” waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
I agree they’re definitely ******* it up major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Well buy a different brand man.
I've only paid full price for 1 piece of firstlite.
I wouldn't touch the stuff if I didn't find deal on it.

There sizing on pants sucks. It took them a decade to catch up on hip vents, they don't offer talls, no wind stopper.

Pretty sure you can get the same or better product somewhere else.

Don't buy firstlite because hushin and born and raised wear it.
I’ve been sporting FL stuff long before it became popular. I love nearly every piece I’ve purchased. It’s just a f’n shame that year in and year out, they aren’t meeting the demands of their customers.

I like and own a ton of their merino base layers.
Their boundary stormtight sucks.
I had 2 jackets lose the pockets at the seams in the wash.
Both times I was offered 40% off purchase of new replacement.

Hello Sitka. Goodbye first lite for outerwear

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Why don't you show First Lite that you are displeased with their service and spend your hard earned dollar somewhere else?

If a company makes it hard for me to spend my money on their product. I find another company that I can spend my money on.

Jbehredt

WKR
I swear, I could retire on the money that First Lite has missed out on. EVERY year they are sold out of everything in large and medium that I want. They can't blame it on covid, because it is ALWAYS like this. I've been trying to buy an XL brooks down jacket in conifer for a retarded amount of money for 2 years. Someone relay the message that they need to cool it with the quadruple X and XXS crap and start putting out more of the obvious popular sizes and colors.

Your jacket is in stock.

mproberts

WKR
They have expanded so much in the last decade it's no surprise they have been working through supply and product quality issues. They went from making like a handful of merino only pieces a decade ago to god knows how many products in so many different materials now.

If you look at how much better their pieces have gotten over time it's not doubt they will figure it out. I still have a couple pieces I bought in the late 2000's, but most of them weren't great to be honest. Their first gen Kanabs would rip at a slight breeze, and their first gen of merino in mossy oak and real tree would fade out after only a few washes. I still have a first gen labrador and chama... the quality is great but you can barely tell they are camo lol.