First Lite base bottom

I wish FL would return to the Allegheny type bottom base layer. All their current bottoms are either too thick (restricting) or a boot cut better suited for a summer sweat wicking hunts. Maybe I am missing a piece of their system, but I can't find a good thin base layer bottom to go with my Kanabs/Obsidian pants for late season hike/hunts.

H80Hunter

WKR
I agree. I have 3 pairs of fuse long Johns that I absolutely love. Two for hunting and one for everyday/skiing. I just prefer a long John. I wish they made wick 150 long Johns as well.

bbrown

WKR
Ha! I just got a pair of the capri Kilns and can’t say I love them. By the end of a morning stroll they are all bunched up above my knees. Figured they were worth a try but wish I would have waited for the full length zips to come back in stock.

H80Hunter

WKR
Yeah the boot tops are a little too short and/or you can’t tuck them in enough into socks.

OP
mfllood3800
I have the kiln and hiking at elev and steep is a chore. Under normal conditions with thinner base bottoms my heart rate was 145-150. I wore the very restricting heavier set and it hit 186. Just too much thickness.

ToolMann

WKR
I have the kiln and hiking at elev and steep is a chore. Under normal conditions with thinner base bottoms my heart rate was 145-150. I wore the very restricting heavier set and it hit 186. Just too much thickness.
Interesting. I don't feel restricted at all in mine. But if I'm hiking up steep stuff for a long planned climb, I just zip them off. More for temp control though.

sndmn11

WKR

I wear those in the archery season and jogging. I'm a big legged guy too and those base layers are glorious.

OP
mfllood3800
Interesting. I don't feel restricted at all in mine. But if I'm hiking up steep stuff for a long planned climb, I just zip them off. More for temp control though.
Absolutely that helps, that removes them from the knee joint freeing up the flexibility more.

OP
mfllood3800
I wear those in the archery season and jogging. I'm a big legged guy too and those base layers are glorious.
I just need a light weight set up, not a mid or heavy. I guess I have to look at what the hikers are using, they have all the cool stuff. lol

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I just need a light weight set up, not a mid or heavy. I guess I have to look at what the hikers are using, they have all the cool stuff. lol
For light weight now they only have the boot cut. They used to have lighter weights in full length. Then they switched to the stupid zip off fad and lost the good light weight full length. Don’t get it.

OP
mfllood3800
For light weight now they only have the boot cut. They used to have lighter weights in full length. Then they switched to the stupid zip off fad and lost the good light weight full length. Don’t get it.
Yep, I had their Allegheny base, which was like their wick shirts , at only 150 merino. Now everything is double that. My Allegheny bottoms are finally too holy to trust.

OP
mfllood3800
Found these and they are made in Europe, not CHYNA. And they double as yoga pants for Sndmn

OP
mfllood3800
I ordered the set. $50. Gotta be better than carrying that extra weight and rigidity of the other stuff. And now I can go to yoga class.