First Lite Base Layers - October in Colorado

What First Lite base layer would you use for mid October in Colorado from a base camp?

• First Lite Wick

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • First Lite Kiln

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • First Lite Furnace

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
I received a gift card for First Lite and am looking to get new a new base layer top and bottom. What weight/product from first lite does everyone like? Other options are also welcome. Last year i used come cotton base layers and a under armor base layer and they didn't impress me much and I ended up cold when I sat and glassed. I tended to sweat a lot going to glassing locations.

I have the under armor base layer level 3, they work okay for me. They are best for sitting and glassing.

Last year it was mid 20’s when I was hunting. I would just go with thermals and orange vest to start out with and when we sat and glass would throw on extra layer. I was sweating but it dried out quickly. I’ve thought of down grading to level 2 or lesser weight but I have heard that the quality for under armor has gone down hill. I am going on 10 years with these thermals. Granted if I use them once a year it’s a miracle. Used them more in the past two years going to Colorado then I have in the 8 years before that. So take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I have all 3. If “from” means leaving base camp, it would depend on temperature and expected activity. If I had to pick one, it would be the Wick. Hiking in the other two, especially the Furnace, might be hot.

Jbxl20

WKR
I have a wik hoody and kiln. If hiking a lot definitely the wik, I usually wear my kiln while sitting. Think about getting solid colors. I wear my solid wik all the time. My kiln is fusion. I would wear it out more if it was a solid color. Plus I hardly wear it as an outter layer anyways.

10ringer

WKR
For the top base layer always the wick if you plan to be on the move more than a mile. Any of the other base layers take too long to dry out. If you need more warmth add the kiln or furnace over top of the wick and it will do a better job of transferring moisture away from your skin keeping you warmer. *For that second layer I find the Klamath over the wick is the best combo. As for the bottoms go with whatever weight suits your comfort, sweat isn’t as much of factor with this layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebauer1

FNG
There's no way I could hike anywhere in the furnace, you would burn up for sure. I usually wear the wick as a first layer no matter what the temp. You could throw the furnace on when you stop though.