First lite brooks down

OP
F
I think you’ll have a hard time layering the Brooks under the Catalyst - both are great pieces - I had both of them - the forearms in the catalyst were so tight I could only get a long sleeve tshirt under it. I’m 6’3” - 220 and the XL was perfect except for the forearms

would you recommend the solitude over the catalyst then?

OP
F
There’s just so many I have a hard time deciding what to get haha.

I guess I’ll keep it at brooks and catalyst

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
There’s just so many I have a hard time deciding what to get haha.

I guess I’ll keep it at brooks and catalyst

Yeah for sure! Whitetail kits can get a little tricky if you’re trying to be more versatile and use stuff that you could use in the mountains. Really depends on season and temps too. I’m lucky to have clothing kits built out for 90 degrees in California to -20 in Minnesota 😎

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat as you with getting the Brooks. I'm 6' 1" 210-215lbs I'm usually back down around 200-205lbs closer to bow season I have a pretty muscular build but a short torso and a large trunk. I'm all legs! I currently use the Wick LS Crew size L fits me just right I wouldnt want it any tighter. Last year I ran the Klamath Hoody size XL over the top but it was too baggy so I got it in size L again it's just right definitely wouldn't want any smaller. I see on the First Lite website that most people claim the Wick & the Klamath "run large" I've found this to be true. Looks like people are saying the Brooks "runs small". I plan on wearing the Brooks over the Klamath for extra insulation when needed and have decided to order the XL. I'll let ya know how that works when I get it hopfully soon. I'm kinda hoping someone is looking to sell one on the Slide so I've been holding out.

OP
F
I'm in the same boat as you with getting the Brooks. I'm 6' 1" 210-215lbs I'm usually back down around 200-205lbs closer to bow season I have a pretty muscular build but a short torso and a large trunk. I'm all legs! I currently use the Wick LS Crew size L fits me just right I wouldnt want it any tighter. Last year I ran the Klamath Hoody size XL over the top but it was too baggy so I got it in size L again it's just right definitely wouldn't want any smaller. I see on the First Lite website that most people claim the Wick & the Klamath "run large" I've found this to be true. Looks like people are saying the Brooks "runs small". I plan on wearing the Brooks over the Klamath for extra insulation when needed and have decided to order the XL. I'll let ya know how that works when I get it hopfully soon. I'm kinda hoping someone is looking to sell one on the Slide so I've been holding out.

I just wish I new someone around here that had one I could just try on! Hahah

I will be ordering the xl as well tomorrow . Worst comes to worst I just exchange it

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6' 195-205 depending on time of year. I find the Large is plenty big with 2 layers underneath. I do concur this is not the warmest piece; I wore it a couple of times elk hunting this year when going static for awhile in 5-15F temps and started getting cold. But perfect for earlier season...

OP
F
I'm 6' 195-205 depending on time of year. I find the Large is plenty big with 2 layers underneath. I do concur this is not the warmest piece; I wore it a couple of times elk hunting this year when going static for awhile in 5-15F temps and started getting cold. But perfect for earlier season...

comments like these make me think I should large. But I’m 5’10 205 and your 6 ft, your stomach is obviously thinner then mine hahah

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I just wish I new someone around here that had one I could just try on! Hahah

I will be ordering the xl as well tomorrow . Worst comes to worst I just exchange it
Yes! Just leave the tags on and try it on with some of your gear around the house. I’ve exchanged and returned a lot of stuff with then no problems.

OP
F
I’ll let you know next week. haha ordered it today

last minute I chickened out and ordered a large, figuring if I was going to layer on top of it I wouldn’t want it bunching up under the first layer. If I can get a long john a long sleeve and a kiln hoodie under it I’ll be happy, if not Exchange for the xl

OP
F
Gets delivered Thursday. Slight panic it will be to small hahah. Let’s hope the large fits good.

otherwise I’ll dry to ship it back same day and exchange for xl

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I've had no problem with returns from FL. Just make sure you fill out a return/exchange request they get right back to you with a return/exchange # and shipping label. Throw it right back in the same box.

OP
F
It took a detour down to Puerto Rico accident or usps makes a pit stop down there I don’t no. . So it’s comming today. I will let you know as soon as it comes today

OP
F
Ok so the jacket is awesome. Super light . Looks really well made.
Though I did send it back to exchange for the XL. It fit ok with a t shirt on. But if I put a sweatshirt on under it I was on the fence.

I figured I will be layered so it was better to go up. Plus I don’t want to invest in a jacket and gain 20 and it not fit :)

OP
F
Haha it was mixed reviews on the fl site. Some saying size up some saying normal size.

I just lost 20 pounds I was feeling good about myself!! Hahaha