First Lite Chamberlain VS Sitka Down WS Jacket

Wags

WKR
I have to choose between either a FL Chamberlain or a Sitka Kelvin Down Widstopper jacket. I’d be using this for mid/late season glassing mostly. I’ve not been able to find or handle either jacket.

For those that have, which would you prefer?

I can t speak for the Sitka, but the charmberlan is very warm. For glossing I love it, no matter how cold. The shell is pretty weak though. Any brush or snag will tear it up.

I own the Sitka WS and love it. I have sat in sideways snow storms wearing it as my outer layer. I think the Sitka piece offers a little better abrasion (not that that’s too important for a glassing coat for mid-late) and weather resistance. It’s the warmest jacket I own by far, plenty warm.

The downfall is the hood, it’s huge. Maybe it’s me, but when I have that hood up I have to roll the front hood bill back or it flips over half my face. If I have a ball cap on it’s not an issue as the cap bill holds it up, but when it’s that cold 99.9% of the time I am in a beanie. That’s the only flaw I can find in the piece.

Pocket layout is nice. Length is nice. It’s a generous cut to go over layers and not compress the insulation. Go with your normal Sitka size.

A little softer and quieter than other Sitka puffys I have as well. Still not bow hunting quiet, but was a nice surprise that it wasn’t like a chip bag when cold.

I can’t recommend the WS enough.